My father has been diagnosed with bladder cancer not a month ago. He is not that old, only 55, and he is the only one calm enough in our family. Both my mother and I, and his parents are freaking out over his condition. Anyway, it seems that the doctors will start with BCG treatment. They say that it is highly effective and I do not doubt that. Still, I suppose that there are some BCG side effects and I would like to know them.

Think what would be like if he was not calm the way he is, it would only worsen the situation numerous times. As for BCG side effects, they are burning sensation during urination, bladder infection and sometimes, blood in urine. These three are most important and you can expect their occurrence. There are also several other, but less important, no need to mention them. And just to let you know, this treatment has a 75 percent possibility of success, which is a huge number.