I have read some simular stories to my own on this website (and many others) and just wondered if anybody can help.

Last year I fell pregnant with twins, and I had an abortion after 13 weeks of being pregnant, at the time we felt this was the right thing to do, as we were not ready (was not a planned pregnany!!). Immediatly after the termination I was filled with guilt, and have from that day regretted our decission.

We immediatly started trying again (after many long discussions) and have now been trying for 11 months, still no joy! My periods vary from 29-32 days, I am using ovulation tests, so the timing must be correct.. but nothing!

I have been to the doctors, and they have basically told me not to worry, and to go back after 18 months - 2 years? I am only 25, and a little worried now that maybe the abortion has caused these problems.

Does anybody have any answers?

I'm not trying to be mean or harsh but....
First of all, if the doctor told you to wait 2 years, then that's what you'll have to do. You made the choice to abort the pregnancy and now you have to deal with whatever consequences come with that. Did you have an abortion just because you didn't want it or was there a legitimate excuse behind ending the pregnancy? Don't try to compensate for your guilt by carrying on with a pregnancy. The guilt will pass. If you really wanted a child in the first place you would have found a way to manage the pregnancy when it happened. When it's time for you to get pregnant, you will, just like the first time.

Thanks for the reply! I have taken all of your points on board.
Yes, there were 'legitimate' reasons behind having a termination (all of which I will not go into!)
The reason for posting my question on here was to hear if perhaps anybody had suffered problems trying to conceive after a termination. On one hand im thinking 'ive been pregnant before so there must not be any problems' but on the other hand ive heard of the problems that can arrise after having a termination.
The doctor did not call me back for a check up after... I hope I am worrying about nothing!.....?

hi, my name is christina and ive read your postes an i am having the same problem..i had a abortion about 3 years ago an ive been tryin to conceive for about 5 months now an nothin?..i wonder if somethings wrong with me or whats going on.well hope u write back with some advise...

quote="amie3634"] I have read some simular stories to my own on this website (and many others) and just wondered if anybody can help.

Does anybody have any answers?

First of all... there is nothing worse than you could of done than bring an unwanted child into the world.

Only you can understand your reasons for doing what you did but you really need to forgive yourself because at the time you were doing what you thought was best for you.

But post abortion grief is a real and upsetting thing to go through, I reccommend talking to a therapist about it.

If you got pregnant once you can definetly get pregnant again. Aspiration termination (surgical termination) or medical termination is very very very very unlikely to cause infertility (you are more like to become infertile after giving birth - how many woman have you heard of that happening to???) and with a D & C (surgical evacuation of the uterus Dilation and Curettage, you would be under general anethesiatic) there is a slight (very slight..less than 1%) risk of scarring of the uterus or cervix but this is reversal by surgery over 90% of the time, plus DnCs are generally only given after miscarriage. Normal abortion is done by suction ( though the pro-life people will try to tell you otherwise).

You have a 30% chance every month of getting pregnant (assuming optimal fertility) if you have sex during your ovulation period so you've probably been unlucky. I'd say the best thing to do is take your pregnancy multivitamins, exercise, and relax! It will happen.

hi well thats wat happend to me i had a obortion 2 years ago and still trying i get terrible right groin pains constantly bt i havebeen told that u are suppose to have a woumb scrape 5 months after so im going to have one of them and i was also told u r suppose o be tested for inside infections as there can be tissue left inside and that can stop u gettin pregnant also so good luck and i hope we both hear good news xx 8-|

i am having the same

I am having the same problem. I to had an abortion 2 years ago at 10 weeks, and have been trying to conceive now for 1 year and a half with no success. I am ovulating regularly which was verified through ovulation predictors. I have been to 2 different fertility specialist who took me and my husband through a series of different testing. They both said that all of my test were normal. I have even been on clomid and injections for a total of 6 months with no success. Last month we tried IUI and I just got my period. So I guess I will try for one more month. But this is extremely aggravating, and I would like to know if this is attributed to the abortion. I this common after abortion?

I to have had the same problem. I had an abortion 2 years ago at 10 weeks. I have not been able to become pregnant since. I have been to two different fertility specialist who ran a series of testing on me and my husband. They both have told us the same thing. They said that all of the tests came back normal. I have tried clomid for six months now with no success. I tried IUI last month and I just got my period. I strongly believe that the problems that I am having is attributed to this abortion.

I understand your disstress in ttc after an abortion ,I had a misscarage at the beging last year, it then took me nine months to concive again, I also have had a termination at 11 weeks due to personal reason .... again i regret it !!!

How ever i was so hung up on falling again that in the end i gave up thinking about it when ....yep i fell pregnant ..... my best advice to you is have some blood test done get your doc to prescribe clomid if you need it if not relax and forget about making babies and just enjoy the intamesey with your partner and i am sure you will concive ..... i now have to sart all over again but Iam not as young as you and if i can do it at 45 im sure you can JUST RELAX take time out and Im sure god will grant you your dreams good luck xx %-) %-)

i had an abortion last month, was a 3months pregnancy and i regret it so much.it was my boyfriend who wanted mt go have an abortion, although its against my will, i did it. when the baby was gone, i felt a total emptiness and i found out that my boyfriend is cheating on me..it hurt me a lot..he made me gave up that life inside me and made me such a fool..how i wish i could turn back time and just keep my baby... :-(
now he tells me he loves me but he cant choose between and and the other girl, he tells me they are through but i have this feeling that they are still together behind my back. he is trying so hard to replace the baby we aborted..i want that baby back..pls tell me is this the right thing to do or not?

FIRST of all regarding Hicklet's comment, the second a women decides not to continue with an unwanted pregnancy, THAT alone is a legitimate reason to choose abortion. Secondly after an abortion their is some healing time where your body needs to build itself back up again, HOWEVER, 2 years is absolutely nonsense. As in any doctors feedback that feels untrue or makes you question them, you should get a second opinion. Doctor's encourage second opinions, and as should you. Good luck!

HI I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. ONLY I HAD THE PROCEDURE DONE OVER 10 YEARS AGO. I AM 24 NOW SO I WAS YOUNG THEN. IT WAS THE HARDEST THING IVE EVER HAD TO DO.... ON THE OTHER HAND MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR THE LAST5-6 MONTHS. NOW I AM WONDERING IF I AM ABLE TO GET PREGNANT BECAUSE I HAD THAT PROCEDURE DONE?

after your abortion, were you given two unmarked pills for infectin? those two pills may have ruined the lining of your uterus. It is a way of reducing the worlds population. It's not pretty and it's not right, they will make you belive it's all your fault, and it's not.

What does this mean..??