I got my last period April 26th and it left April 30th... I had sex May 11th. Did I calculate my ovulation cycle correctly?!? I am having a really hard time determining what day is my fertile day. It is now May 21, my period isn't due for another 5 days... I am having cramps and lower back pains, which can easily mean that I am getting my period and I am not pregnant : (. Can someone seriously pleaseeee help me get this ovulation thing straight!!! Supose I do get my next Tuesday on the 26 it'll b gone by the 30th. When can I expect to ovulate again? I want my baby : (!!!!

Hi Browney: Do you notice a white gel like discharge upto 2 weeks after your period? That is the sign of ovulation, unless you want to use one of the ovulation kits! When I became pregnant with my 2 children, I didn't wait for ovulation. And I have had several freinds who believe they got pregnant before or after their ovulation times! So in a lot of ways - I'm biased of course - I think it creates too much stress for couples. ESPECIALLY the woman, because I am sure you are aware that stress can cause a lot of wonky periods and sometimes fertility problems. Stress is a huge factor for many physical ailments. Also know that sometimes you can get period symptoms but still be pregnant, I say it's like your brain didn't get the memo!!!

What I will mention to you is what I've said to several other women trying ot get pregnant. RELAX, most normal healthy couples can take upto a year to get pregnant. So keep that in mind, don't make it a job, like checkin and checkout time, how long you were at "work" etc. ;-) XD

Just kidding with you! I KNOW from personal experience that trying to get pregnant, can become totally and utterlly overwhelming, physically, emotionally, mentally and sometimes financially. I will tell you what I have told many other wonderful women trying to have a baby. A lot of times in this busy world we live in, we forget to listen to our bodies. A womans body will tell us when it is time to get pregnant. There is the gel like discharge, there is a slight cramping fromt he ovaries, and sometimes you just want to have sex at certain times of the month. I have known women how have stood on their head after their husband ejaculated - just to help the sperm reach their mark! You don't have to be that "Nimble!" what worked for me and many of my friends was putting 2 pillows underneath your buttocks, so that "After" you can help the sprem by using gravity. Try to stay like that all night. Try doing this every day, for a month and see how that goes. Because narrowing it down to 1 day - where it can be a hit or miss! reduces your chances of becoming pregnant.

Try to take the intensity out of the whole thing - understand? It is best for both of you to go with the flow - I know what your thinking "easier said than done!" - but it is better for you and your relationship. Then after awhile of trying hard, and IF nothing happens, then perhaps get checked out by your doctor. I wish you nothing but luck and health and happiness, and my you reach your goal sooner than later.

iam in the same situation.. and iam trying the ovulation kit next month.. this month iam keeping note of how many days my cycle actually is because iam not sure.. Then when i kno il do the ovulation kit next month!! try that it mite help u to get to know your body better and when u ovulate!

Good luck!

i ve used the ovulation kit as i am trying to get pregnant. on the 19 june i was positive and i got my period on the 24, just 5 days after. I dont know if the kits really work or not to be honest.

It really depends on the kit. Some of them you need a science degree to read!!! XD ;-) The old way of doing it is using a thermometer and checking out temperature etc. PERSONALLY I believe that even though you are trying to help out nature, ALL women who get pregnant, get pregnant at different times. I know that when you ovulate you can increases you chances. BUT like I stated before, I don't know one of my friends who actually got pregnant while they were ovulating. Most of them, including myself, actually would cramp and not even feel like it when we were ovulating!! So I believe in just making love as humanly possible, try and take the science and the math out of it. Help with gravity!!!! And just try not to miss a day!! Because if you are just going on ovulation, you could actually miss it or miscalulate it, and then that chance is gone right? Each person is different, and I know from personal experience that stress is a HUGE factor in trying to get pregnant.

What specialists say is that if both are you are healthy it can take up to a year of trying to get pregnant. And to me that stat, is because of trying to use the ovulation method - just my thought of course! There are SO many reasons why you are having difficulty getting pregnant, Stress, cysts, low sperm count, hormonal etc. OR just the wrong timing!! I hope I don't come across as flip with my statements, I just am a great believer in helping nature not pharmeceutical companies!! you know what I mean?!! I am saying to really take the time too listen to your body, SHE will tell you when she is ready and when she is ovulating. I have answered MANY questions on here about young girls and boys TERRIFIED that they might be pregnant, so because they are worried EVERY little thing that is going on with their bodies they freak out with! So it is the same thing, Start being REALLY intune with your body and listening to it. We have such busy lives and everything is technology this and that, and we have stopped listening - not only to each other but to ourselves!! I hope you understand what I'm getting at, and I hope it helps!

My husband and I haven't been trying per se to get pregnant, but we haven't been preventing it eaither for the last 4 years that we have been together. I am ver irregular and I think I only have my period like 2x a year (maybe more but def not every month). We want a family but we don't know whats wrong. Any one have any hints for us? we've tryed the 2 pillow under my butt for 20 mins thing. we've done the "do it" everyday. Still no baby.

any help will be appriciated.

Thanks