I will have Pap smear test tomorrow. No one told what I should do before the test. How I should prepare for the test? I am 18 years old and I’ve never done Pap smear test before. I would like to know how Pap is done and how long I have to wait for results. I am worried about the results. What if they are abnormal? What does it mean?

The things you should avoid before the Pap smear test are douching, tampons, using vaginal cream, deodorants….having sex. Don’t worry it very quick test, I did Pap smear test couple of times. Doctor will put an instrument called a speculum into your vagina, opening it to see the cervix. With special stick he will take a few cells from inside and around the cervix and placed them in a glass. It is painless but uncomfortable. I don’t know about the results, once I waited for three weeks, second time only two.