I was at my gynecologist like every year. He was performing usual Pap smear because it was time for me to do it. Since I was 25 years old, I have started to perform it each year to prevent cancer. Every time I done it, I didn’t have spotting, but now it occurs. While I am waiting results, I can’t stop wondering if that means something is wrong with me.

Minimal spotting after Pap smear is performed is absolutely normal. Heavier discharge caused by vulvar infections or HPV should be treated. There is a common disbelief that Papanicolaou test during which a sample of tissue from the cervix is taken is that female reproductive organs can be damaged. This is totally wrong because Pap smear is safe and it can be performed even and during pregnancy. Sometimes, small amount of bleeding may occur after Pap smear, but it shouldn’t worry a woman. This procedure is a painless, yet is one of the most effective meant to determine any changes in the cells of the cervix and vagina. Off course it’s very good that all sexually active women should have this test annually. Once more to say it, this spotting shouldn’t mean anything. Only if there is more like bleeding maybe you should get worried, but you used term spotting and not bleeding, so I guess it is normal. You should wait results without any consider and off course continue with that very good habit each year.

I have a PAP smear done every year, however...for me it is painful. The speculum being inserted is painful for me, and the actual exam is painful. I feel like I'm being cut on the inside, and I bleed as if I have started my period for days afterward. My practitioner says this can be normal, but I disagree that it shouldn't be a worry and that the procedure is painless. I do agree that it is important.

Today was the first time in 30 yrs that I had pain and spotting, it is painless when an experienced dr does the smear. I had an intern today and feel like a human guinea pig, and violated. I jumped back and the other intern and nurse where teying to pull me back down the table.

I agree, it was my second the first one was basically pain free, but the second was performed by intern and she hurt me through it all, I jumped around and cried out. I think experienced doctors are better for performing this procedure. I see why some women after experiencing one horrible pap smear never go back. But i don't recommend that just find better doctor.

Hi, I am 26 years old. I had my first pap smear two days ago ( After I got a child 2 month ago). I am still having a few spots of blood now.

It was hurt for me when the GP performing the pap smear, but it was just a moment and painless afterward.

I felt nothing when the GP took the sample at the cervical area. (I felt hurt only surrounding area.)

The GP said that I will receive the result letter within 3 weeks. Hopefully, everything is normal for me. I am also worried a little bit for the result because I always have a few spots of bleeding when I do hard activities.

hi i had my smear 4 days ago and have been bleeding since but its very red and more like iv been cut inside then a period can any1 tellme if this is normal? many thanks

hi i had my smear 4 days ago and have been bleeding since but its very red and more like iv been cut inside then a period can any1 tellme if this is normal? many thanks.

hi i had my pap done today and i have been bleeding the same way you have been. it is red like someone cut me on the inside too and everytime i go pee the toilet bowl water isnt clear its just nothing but red blood, and it really hurts like presser like when your going to give birth everytime i go pee. the blood isnt the colour red like when your on your period.. can anoyone please tell me if its normal or should i call the doctor??? Thanks, i hope someone has the right answer..

So I had my first pap smear about a month ago, and I went to my doctor today to discuss results, and he said that they couldn't get any results for an unknown reason. So he re-did the test, and he said that we might not be able to get any results this time as well, because there was bleeding. And the entire time it felt like he was stabbing me with a needle or something small and sharp. Is that normal?

I had mine done two days ago as well. I have never bleed before after a pep smear and I went to an Family Practice center which Ive never been to. That Dr hurt me so bad and ive been bleeding for two days now. I spotted at first then it stop and then started bleeding is this normal? I feel so valiated and im so upset because i should have went to my original dr.

I can relate, it really hurts when the speculum is inserted even though I don't bleed heavily afterwards. I am sorry you have to go through that. I think that a pap smear is pure torture!

I had my cervical (pap) smear test today and to be honest it Isis nothing I have never endured. Trust me I have had endoscopys, sigmoidoscopy a, emergency cesearian (which by the way I was not anethesistiesed properly so I felt it all cut and was still kicking my legs during the first few insicions - no lie), and numerous paps and gynea examinations before! But today I felt like someone was using a hot iron or knife and car ing my insides during the actual scraping. The speculam insertion did not hurt just when she took the sample. Since then I have had brightened bleeding and clear mucous (almost like i been cut and like a show u get in labour). I'm in immense pain and feel like I will never go do it again... There rush it self was also covered in blood so who knows wat that means.. I'm not one to moan as I have a high pain tolerance.. But whoever introduced these new instrument was pure senseless without any empathy for women.... I'm not a virgin, in my late20's and would say this... U can't generalise all women and our bodies the same... Some will feel different and respond differently to these procedures I'm sure!!!

Went for papsmear and sonogram saw a round black circle in the picture what could that be.

Hi . I would really like to know more about your experiences. I just had a pap and it was painful and I'm still bleeding four days after.

Sounds like a cyst on your ovary. I wouldn't worry too much. I tend to get cyst a lot on my ovaries, especially if I consume too much caffeine.