Hello there,

intermittent fasting is not working for me. Am I doing something wrong? I really like this idea of eating all your calories in just eight hours and fasting for 16. I tried IF few years ago, but I had no remarkable weight loss. I had 27% body fat, and after six or seven months, I had 22%.

I know there is no perfect method in this program that is just right for everyone, but I can’t believe that I did not lose much more pounds and body fat following this program.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help me!

Thank you!

Hello Lenny,

I must say that you are a typical example for those who are thinking that they can lose their weight very soon. But, also I need to admit that your progress was going so slow in the six months.

Intermittent fasting has NO magic benefits, remember that! A caloric deficit is what causes your weight loss, that is one thing you need to know. Of course, there are some benefits, but you can't expect soon.

So, if you are not losing your weight, then you should look at the calories you are getting from food (fruits) or even drinks (juice, alcohol). You need to drink a water, a LOT of it. You should know that!

Good luck!

I don’t know what possible can happen. I can say that you are not the only example for this. My sister was doing intermittent fasting and gained weight instead of losing it.

So, I have to ask you – did you start two different diets at once? If you did, then there is an answer to your question. Starting two diets at once is not an option. It could be your body is adjusting to the totally new regime. And, you are a girl, you should know that many of them say that intermittent fasting does not work well for every type.

Maybe it is a time for you to start another diet.

Good luck!