Hello, folks. I have recently got pregnant. My husband is bothering me with healthy food and drinks. He is persistent with herbal teas. I would like to ask if I must be cautious with those teas during my pregnancy. I would really appreciate your replies. Thanks a lot for reading this, folks.

Hello to you too. First, let me congratulate you for this lovely news. I suggest you to be cautious when taking herbal tea during pregnancy. Many herbs haven’t been tested properly. Experts advise to pregnant women only to take commercial herbal teas. Teas with high concentration are not recommended. Of course, if the tea has a herb that is toxic, it is out of the question to use it. I think it would be best to consult your gynecologist or pharmacist. They will know which one to choose. Some herbal teas are very useful. For example, red raspberry is considered excellent for preventing some pregnancy complications.