Hello, folks. I have recently gotten pregnant. I would like to stay as healthy as I can. I have heard some opposite comments about using herbal tea during pregnancy. Can it cause miscarriage? I would really appreciate if someone could answer me that. It will mean a lot to me. Thanks in advance.

Hello, there. It all depends which herbs the tea is made of. I suggest you to take commercial teas. It is a general opinion that they are more reliable. Red raspberry is very healthy for pregnant women. It can prevent some pregnancy complications. I also recommend mint and chamomile. On the other hand, avoid teas with higher doses of caffeine like black tea and chai. The tea that can cause miscarriage is mormon tea or “whorehouse” tea (Ephedra X Arenicoa). It stimulates uterine contractions. I hope everything will go well. Good luck!

Dogwood tea also causes miscarriage, but from what I have heard it tastes nasty anyway.

When you are pregnant is not the time to experiment with herbal teas.

Chamomile can potentially induce miscarriage (i.e., kill your baby), contrary to another misleading post above. Certain mints (e.g., Mentha pulegium (pennyroyal, spearmint), Mentha spicata (spearmint)) may also induce miscarriage.

Don't experiment. Just eat normal foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains), take your pre-natal vitamins, and follow your physician's recommendations. If you follow the advice of random jerks like hermina1890, you could kill your child.

hi, was wondering if regular tea can be use to terminate pregnancy. I am a regular tea drinker and i like it really strong and was wondering if i do get pregnant will it cause a miscarriage or may prevent me from getting pregnant?

I recently got pregnant and had miscaridge at 7 weeks. Stupidly I thought mint and herbal tea would not do harm. I was drinking a lot of peppermint tea. But when reflecting back, I that was wrong. After I read peppermint can cause miscaridge. Next time whrn I concieve again, I would not dear to have any tea. I will drink only milk and water. I'm not saying my miscaridge was due yo peppermint, but why risking. I wouldn't recommend peppermint during pregnancy.

It definetly can you would have to eat nothing an drink it all day

Aside that what the other tea that can cause misscarige

i drank lots of fresh peppermint tea leaves from the garden and unfortunately at 7 weeks had a miscarriage as well

chamomile and mint cause miscarriage early on like before 18-20 weeks