During my childhood, I used to get bronchitis frequently. I don't know much about the reasons behind this, but I know that asthma is something that showed up in quite a few of my relatives so I assume that the bronchitis had something to do with genetics as well. What is the best drug for bronchitis? I am hoping you can tell me this, because, although I have not had bronchitis since my teens, it is something I started being interested in a while back.

I have never heard of bronchitis being treated in any other way then by antibiotics. Sometimes, the inflammation is so severe that prednisone is given, but by and large amoxicillin is the best drug in the treatment of bronchitis. Don't you remember what drugs you used to have to take for bronchitis, or were you too young at the time?

Like elisha387 said, bronchitis is always treated with antibiotics because it is caused by bronchi getting inflamed by bacterial infection. So, that is not something that you can really prevent by taking some drugs, rather than that you should make sure that your immune system is at its best by taking vitamins and trying to live a healthy lifestyle, especially since you haven't had any problems with this for so long. I had bronchitis when I was a kid almost all the time, but that was because I was "the target" for every infection that any kin in my kindergarten and school had and if it comforts you - I don't have any kind of bronchitis-related problems since.