Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm really worried for my mother. Just recently she has started to suffer from some really serious symptoms. First she started to cough executively but I though it is some kind of allergy. But after few days- wheezing started along with low grade fever.
This was a secure sign that she must contact some doctor over this. Her GP, based on the history and the symptoms, told us that she might be suffering from some bronchitis, as a part of acute viral syndrome.
What confused me the most is that she didn’t prescribed her any drug!? Is there anything I should know about this!?

Hi. From what I know about this condition- acute viral bronchitis is an acute inflammation of the bronchi- tubes that carry air from the mouth and nose to the lungs.
There is nothing confusing in the fact that her doctor didn’t prescribed her any drug. This is because the cause of this disease is a virus and we all know that they don’t respond to antibiotic therapy.
This isn’t so serious condition accept when it is complicated with some bacterial superinfection.
Acute bronchitis is spread from person to person by the coughing so you may want to consider to isolate her for a while in some room! Good luck!