Hi, I have been bodybuilding for some time now. I do almost every exercise there is. This includes squatting. However, I feel pain in my knees when I do them. The doctor told me that I have bad knees. He also told me that squatting probably produced it. Is this true? Can I do the squatting with bad knees?

Hi, squatting is a very good exercise for your legs. But, the doctor is most probably right when it comes to the connection between the squats and knees injuries. Squatting is known as the developer of bad knees. But, most of the instructors agree that they are the most essential part or every workout. These trainers say that the knee injuries are not caused by the squats themselves, but by the bad technique they are done by. The thing is to do them in the safest way without losing the benefits they produce. When you do squats properly, you are lowering your chances of an injury. You must find and talk to a professional trainer, so that he can tell you how to do these exercises properly. I do not advice you to continue doing them without professional assistance, since this can produce a more serious condition. Therefore, you must talk to that trainer as soon as possible.