My parents got me a real nice blender for Christmas and I've only used it once (yes it was alcohol-related).

Please give me some quick and easy ideas for stuff.

joel

smoothies - milk, ice fruit of your choice (not apples) and some sugar

liquid breakfast - milk, bananas and peanut butter (i'v posted this before) it's tasty, try it!!

Ice cream sodas

Oh and Joel - make sure you have the liquid ingredients in before you turn it on.

You can make your own protein shakes, too. I don't eat much meat, so I try to supplement my protein intake with a shake.

ditto on the smoothies i make a big batch and take them to work
great way to get your fruit in....also good to add protien for flavor
nice to try different types of fruit to

This recipe always works for me: Three quarters (or so) cup of frozen strawberries (get them at your local supermarket, they are great 1 banana 1 cup or so skim milk or soy milk Ice (not too much) Sweetner to taste (I use nutrisweet). You can use lowfat yogurt as well for a different variation. Makes enough for 2-3 people

This is the best trick ever.

When your bananas get past the point where you like to eat them, peel them, and then cut into pieces. Freeze them in a ziploc.

Then, when you make a smoothie, use the banana chunks and you don't need to use ice. So you get an extra fruit in there and your drink isn't watered down!

Or use Monk's recipe w/out the ice - frozen strawberries will do the trick - but use your crush ice feature

Double-ditto what Cheeks said, and I can't back smoothies more. What a delicious way to enjoy fruit and have a nutritious snack! There are many books out there for how to make them, and you can enjoy fruit you've never tried before (we tried star fruit for the first time in a blender!). Go to the recipe book section of your bookstore (or library and photocopy!) and go home and get to know your blender!

This is the best trick ever.

Apparently you haven't seen what I can do with a simple top hat and a bunny, no?

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I will be getting my smoothie on sometime this week and I report the overall 'giddyness' that results from it.