I think I figured out what my knee pain is. Runners knee (Edit: might be ITB, but it's something along those lines). It sucks. I probably got it because we have to run in our combat boots everywhere. So far it's just annoying and hurts(like hell) until I start moving for awhile. I can't really rest my knee until two weeks from now. In the mean time we got two 4 mile runs and a 5 miler. I'll run in our slow group. They only go at an 8 minute mile (or slower pace). I'd say something now but the last thing I need is to be dropped from airborne school because then I coudln't go through the Ranger stuff to become a Ranger. So any exercises that can help get the pain to dull away with the help of icey hot and some pain pills would be nice. Take care all.

Runner's knee or chondromalacia can be a stubborn injury to endure. I remember running in combat boots and I too came down with a case! Also, when on the college cross-country team, I cam down with a very bad case of runner's knee but I finally figured out how to get rid of it. Here is what I suggest, go out and get fitted for a pair of orthotics (look it up in the phone book). Make sure you take your combat boots with you to show the Dr. or the technician and tell them that you have to run in them and you need orthotics that will fit comfortably in the boots. Then, go to a proper running shoe store that has qualified shoe fitting experts and explain your problem to them. Let them fit you with a properly fitted running shoe, specific to the needs of your foot and stride. Then, make sure you go out and get some naproxin and take it regularly along with frequent icing of the knee, especially after a run or long day. Finally, look into the different types of knee braces and straps (Lavac strap) for runner's knee. This should help immensely. FYI-A simple change into properly fitted running shoes can completely reverse runner's knee.

afi,

ibuprofen and ice. when u sleep at night elevate your feet so they are a little above ur knee (if possible). knee-behind-the-butt stretches helped me (every night before sleep).

stay strong, NEVER QUIT!

Kel

Runner's knee is not a problem if you are race walking. That's because there is less stress on the knee. It's also good if you are afraid of running.