I have a problem that has been going on for almost 2 months now. It started out when I was pulling weeds in my yard and I thought I got something stuck in my middle finger on right hand. It had a small red area with clear fluid from a small bump. Didn't think much of it. Several days later on the same hand my thumb, pointer finger and middle finger were numb. I thought that I just slept weird and maybe hurt my carpal tunnel or something. Then the area that had the little sore looked like a plantar wart or at least that is what my husband thought so I bought compund W and put it on there. The next morning my middle finger became very swollen and red. My joints in that finger and my thumb started becoming very painful too. I went to the emergecy room to make sure it wasn't anything serious. The doctor didn't do anything told me that it was probably a bug bite. My finger continue to swell and hurt. A week later I went to my PCP and he started me on antibiotics and a Medrol Dose pack. The swelling went away until I stopped taking it and then it started to become swollen again and that same day my toes on my left foot started to have pins and needles feelings I also got a rash on both of my arms more so on the arm where my finger is swollen. I went to the doctor again and he took blood work and started on antibiotics again. It has now been another week since then and the numbness is spreading to my back and groin and occassionally in my armpits and right knee. I am really freaking out on what this can be because none of my doctors seem to help. I am also getting a feverish feeling in the middle of the afternoon about the same time. No fever but my face and ears are really warm to the touch and bright red. If anyone can help I would appreciate any imput. Thanks so much!!!

It could be a staph infection?

I would guess that more than likely this is a spider bite, either black widow or brown recluse....People reacte differently to the recluse and symptoms can last several months even longer in some cases...I would ask a doctor to please rule out a spider bite as some of the after effects can be permanent.

I have Lupus and when I get an infection...even one as small as a splinter or bug bite, instead of my body fighting the infection, it turns on me and manifests itself in different way. Most often swelling in a finger that might go away the next day and something else totally unrelated will be swollen or sore like the wrist on my other hand, or a elbow and a finger on the other hand. Once my immune system is in attack mode...any joint or muscle can swell, become rigid, be painful. Ask your Dr. to test you for lupus.

I'm no doctor...but I would think that if it started with the spot that looks like a wart...then they should biopsy that area...or do a bloood culture to rule out some infection...they treat you with antibiotics and it helps but it comes back...I think they are using the wrong antibiotic....they have to know what kind of infection it is to know what antibiotic to use. Good Luck

lyme disease ... probably bitten by a deer tick

Did you ever find out what was causing your mysterious symptoms?