Has anyone tried any medication to stop binge eating disorder? I used to purge after binging but then was put on topomax which worked wonderfully. I stopped binge eating for a couple years. I went off the medication and am now back to binging. I started up the topamax again but didn't like the side effects (memory loss and terrible mood swings) so stopped.

Anyone try any other medications with less side effects?

Thx!

I take saint johns wort. It helps sometimes. It's a natural vitamin but it is a blood thinner and makes me sleepy sometimes.

Effexorxr is a prescription antidepressant proven to treat the symptoms of depression and three anxiety disorders. Check with doctor regarding what prescription should be taken for eating disorders. !

Thanks for giving information regarding this. Eating disorder generally seen in large number of people but they can't control it.