Hello there. I was always alone, excommunicated from the friends. My classmates never accepted me and I have the same problem now when I am at College. I want to change it, but I think that I am not strong enough to do that. So, I started to lose myself totally and I started to lose control while I am eating. I was happier than. So, that is how I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder. I think that I really don't need to tell you what this is and how this affects me. But somehow I believe that this is related to my mental health? Is it? Is binge eating a mental disorder? Who is at risk of getting a binge eating disorder?

Yes, it is a mental disorder because it can change very soon into some other health issue, such as bipolar disorder. Every mental disorder proposes some significant changes and binge eating disorder is not an exception. You are struggling with something that is deep inside your mind. Maybe you won't tell about this anyone, but you are struggling with it and you can't handle it anymore.  That is why this disorder is in the mental disorder category. That is why some doctors are treating a binge eating disorder with several therapies or with medication even before it was recognized as a disorder. 

Celebrity

Hello. Even if this disorder is listed as eating disorder, I think that it is also listed as a mental disorder or mental illness.  So, a lot of psychiatrists will say that binge eating disorder is actually a serious mental illness. When someone has this problem, they usually experience a loss of control and eat large quantities of food on a regular basis. If you are wondering who is affected, well - everyone. It doesn't matter what is your age, are you fat or skinny. It is important that you seek for the help as soon as you notice that something is not OK with you. 

Wait. that is really a disorder? I mean, I caught myself I spent all my time thinking about food. I even woke up at night thinking about it and I need to get up to grab something to eat. Also, sometimes I just feel that I’ve lost all control that nothing in the world can feel as bad as I do after a binge. Very soon, I started to worry about this, I started to worry about my weight, that I am going to get fat and very soon I notice that this worry will never go away. And it never goes away. So, what do you think, is this a disorder? Are those the symptoms of it? Tell me what to do to prevent it? I need help in here...

Generally, I believe that there are some factors that can indicate who can get this disorder. Sure, people of many different ages can be affected, but according to researchers, a higher percentage of adults in their 40s and 50s have the possibility for this type of disorder. On the other hand, people who love or who have a tendency to experiment with diet programs, they are also in the risky category. Believe it or not, biology also has a huge role in this. People with a genetic risk for certain eating disorders may also be at higher risk of alcohol abuse. As you can see, many different things can be involved. 

Since my mom (she is 46 years old) has this disorder, I am reading a lot about it, I am visiting different forums and I am reading so many different articles from the experts all around the world about this. I am trying to help my mom as much as I can. Anyway, this is not in my mom's case, but apparently, there is some looming evidence that a higher percentage of sportsmen, sportswomen, and models are in possibility to get this binge eating disorder compared with other people. Although some people suggest that individuals who work in catering (making and serving food) may be susceptible, which is a little bit normal, since they are in this job, that is not so true. I also believe that some factors are crucial, but when you take a bigger picture, this is also possible. Right?

Celebrity

But, we always forget to mention one crucial thing. Generally, when people have a binge eating disorder, they frequently eat huge amounts of food - they binge. In some cases, it can go from 10,000 to 20,000 calories of food! Yes, exactly that is the amount of food that may be consumed in one bout of bingeing. Now, you can realize that this is a mental disorder since the average person consumes between 1,500 to 3,000 calories per day. Also, there are no some specific signs or symptoms except that you are just eating a lot and that you eat everything.

Good day.
This is definitely one of the newest eating disorders. People who are diagnosed with a binge-eating disorder lose control over their eating and that should be the first song. Unlike bulimia, people with binge-eating disorder often are overweight or obese. But they can be thin as well. Also, people with a binge-eating disorder who are obese are at higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure issue, that can seriously ruin the health. They eat a lot, but after this, after they eat almost everything that is on the table, they will start to experience guilt, shame. So, this is definitely a mental issue that requires a professional help.