Hi there. I have a confession to make. Like so many teens that I am surrounded, I have some problem. I have an eating disorder. I have binge eating disorder. I am not able to talk to my mom about it because she is always so busy and since my dad left her, she is blaming me. So, I want to fight this alone and I think that I can because I am aware that I do have a problem. I have accepted it. Can you recommend me some good treatment for binge eating disorder? Something that is successful. Please. 

Like fewer teens, you need to talk to your parents about this. I think that they will know the best what to do. But you should never avoid visiting a doctor since they key is in his hands, if you understand what am I saying, I mean, you have to do so many things such are for example a physical exam, blood and urine tests and doctor can also recommend you visit a sleep disorder center for further consultation. Maybe they are some medications that you can make at your home, alone, but I would not believe just in this since you don't know in which stadium is your illness and maybe you will have to go for some better treatment. Talk to your mom or dad. They will have a solution.

Celebrity

I agree that you should visit a doctor. I think that, since this is a mental issue, and we were talking about this here already, it requires some special treatment. I think that a lot of people with this eating disorder are treated with cognitive behavioral therapy Generally, this is a therapy that may help you, as a patient, to cope better with issues that can trigger a binge-eating episode. Those issues usually are negative feelings about your body or a depressed mood, that is constant. It may also give you a better sense of control over your behavior. All this can help you cope with your eating problems. 

When it comes to binge eating disorder treatment, I can say that there is nothing better than interpersonal psychotherapy. I was dealing with this issue and no matter what I was trying, this eating disorder just didn't want to go away. So, when my doctor recommended this therapy to me, he told me that this type of therapy focuses on your relationships with other people. It has one main aim - to improve your interpersonal skills — how you relate to others, including family, friends, and co-workers. You are now probably wondering how this can help you? Nice, it can help you cope with some issues that made you eat whenever you want and when you don't want to eat. Try it. Ask your doctor more about this. 

I know, I know that I need to cope with this and that I need to tell my mom what caused me this, but I can't. Also, I can't reach my father and talk to him. I just can't. Now, you realize why I can't talk to any of them. I also don't want to talk to my friends about this because I believe that they won't understand me and that they will make a fun of me because I was always fat and I know that they will say that I am seeking for some excuses. I really believed that someone or something beside doctors can help me. Since I am not old enough, I am worried will doctor even accept to talk with me without my parents around...

Celebrity

I see, but you are in one heavy position honey, and if you want to be healed, you need to do something about it. I don't know about home treatments and how they are effective. You can do some things, for example, you can try to be more active, you should increase your activity, do some fitness, running, riding a bike, etc. That will help you stop thinking about the foods. Also, you should find a people who care about you and people that you are OK with. You will feel better in their company and you will fell way better. Try some of those and tell me does it works. 

Well, if you think that you can deal with this all alone, you really should be strong. And if you are strong, then OK. Maybe it will help you. So, first that you need to do is to try some stress management techniques. I know that so many people report that their binging episodes are triggered by feelings of anxiety or tension, and very soon this becomes one of the eating disorder. I know that this is not part of the treatment of binge eating disorder, but you should know that stress can play a huge role in every segment of your life. That means that relieving stress can help during recovery and can improve quality of life. Find what is the best for you that can help you get rid of that stress. 

Celebrity

Yes, definitely. Exercising is one way that can help you get rid of the stress. It is also very important not to lose a faith. You should also be aware of the fact that binge eating disorders are usually treatable. Generally, most people will eventually get better with appropriate help and support. You can also find some help programs online. I was reading some experiences and I do know that a lot of people find it helpful. Also, you can find some books with good advice on how to get rid of the stress. I hope that you have a strong will and that you will get rid of it. Once forever!