I am in process recovering from anorexia. My doctor said that I need more time but I already gained 15 pounds. I am 22 years old and I’ve got married four months ago. My husband wants baby, but I am not sure if I am strong enough for pregnancy yet. What should I do?

I think there is a still danger for you and your baby and you should not attempt to get pregnant until you are recovered. Women with anorexia who get pregnant can be at a higher risk for miscarriage, high-risk pregnancy and complications, and birth defects including those that can cause the mom or the baby's death. In order to have a healthy child, the average pregnant woman should gain between 25-35 pounds and a person with anorexia like 60 pounds. I think you should wait for little longer, always take your prenatal vitamins and have regular prenatal visits

People with anorexia should not gain 60 pounds necessarily!!!

If a recovered anorexic is 130 pounds..She certianly NEED NOT gain 60 pounds..That would be too much..

BUT as an anorexic you need to be careful, because as soon as you see your body change, your boobs get bigger, your belly get huge, you may regress back into old habits! Consider more time to heal and then start a family.

I got pregnant at 18 at which time I'd been anorexic for about seven or eight years(miracles do happen). I war in the process of recovery and in some ways it helped me get better considering it was not about me anymore. I did relapse many times and was put in the hospital for jogging miles while 6 months pregnant. It was tough since I gained close to ten pounds while in there. In any case, my total weight gain during my pregnancy was 50lbs, though my pregnancy was always regarded as high risk. I was lucky enough that my baby was born perfect. I don't know what your recovery process was like, nor do I know where you are in you mind. I recommend that you really think about this because it's a decision that you cannot take back. If you relapse, the damage has the potential to be irrepairable. Be sure that YOU are ready to take this on. It may be a family affair, but in the end, it's all you...and that baby inside of you. Talk to your hubby about where you are. If you have any doubts...give it a month longer befor you go for it. I wis you the best of luck and much success in everything you do. Listen to your heart, then check in with your mind. :idea:If they don't agree, then don't do it. :!: Namaste