I too am in the medical field. I was afraid to go looking for an answer to the bad taste in my mouth..., fearing cancer of the saliva glands or something, as it only happens when I eat. Thank god I found these postings. I have always eaten pine nuts and never had a problem. However, as they are costly, last week I tried a different brand, the Badia brand. Never again will I buy this brand. The pine nuts that I usually buy and have NEVER had this problem with are the ones in the "baking aisle" in the grocery store. I don't know if they process them differently so that this does not happen. All I know is I've never had this problem with "baking" pine nuts. Only with the ones in the "spice" aisle... I believe Diamond makes the ones I usually buy (in the baking aisle). They are more expensive but now I know..., I'll spend the extra bucks to not have this side effect.

I have had a bad taste in my mouth for 4 days.  Also, most food tastes strange with a continued bad after taste.  I ate pine nuts 6 nights ago that I purchased from Trader Joe's.  My husband ate the same pine nuts as well as friends, but I am the only one with the weird taste issue.  I was glad to see other people on this site have had this problem.  I was ready to call the ENT doc .  It seems to be getting a little better but the strange taste is still there somewhat. I will miss eating Pesto!  I would hate to have this problem return.