i have a lot of blackheads on my breast and my inner thights which i try to control with blackhead scrubs n etc, also the skin between my legs is really dark n im so ashame of my skin, i need some tips or info on how to get rid of these things.....

the darkness is acanthosis most likely because ur over weight.. i use to have those same problems.. scrubbing the area with alcohol helps but i found that loosing the weight got rid of it

for as long as i can remember iv had this dark skin in my inner thigh and around the vagina.. i also have the black heads on my thighs..
iv always been to scared to tell anyone about this i made an appoint at the docs to go get checked but got to embarrassed and had to cancel..i always thot that i was the only one who had this as iv never heard of anyone else with the same prob..

Hi:
It sounds like your post has been very helpful to others. Thank you for sharing. It sounds like a dermatologist is your only answer at this point. You'll have to put your pride aside and go. The results will be better than how you are feeling now. Go ahead and do it. It will change your life. You've got to come back to the forum after you see the doctor so that you can help the other forum members who have the same problem. We will be waiting to hear from you.

wow this is truely amazing.You always feel that you are on your own when you have an embarrassing problem.But just reading everyone comments made me realize that its good to talk and get things out in the open.Not just for yourself but to help others.I am a 43 year old women and have suffered this problem all my life.It started to ease up after having my son when I was 31. I no longer get the boils,but still suffer the blackheads and dark discolourations between my legs. I would likw to get rid of the discolouration and will try some of the solutions you all have recommended.Thanks to you all ,it's never to late.

I am 28 years old now and ever since I can remember I have had this problem...That I know of since I was like 7. Nobody else in my family has this...that i know of. My mom used to tell me to clean up good when I was small, and I always did. Now I am embarrassed to let anybody else know, except my husband...who has this too. I had never been overweight and I still have it. I do not have it on my neck, elbows or knees but I do have it between my legs and under arms. I have very sensitive skin and when i exfoliate my skin gets even more sensitive. One time I got so upset because I almost made myself bleed and my husband got on my case. He always says he loves me so much the way I am. I know he does too, but I wanted to be able to feel better about myself. So now I became used to it...used to not wearing shorts or short skirts in public, no bathing suits...I really didn't know other people had this either. Most methods to treat this are expensive after a while...I tried the creams, the dermatologist, losing even more weight, not wearing tight clothes...I guess it could be my hormones because that I have not looked into. My skin does break out (especially when in my period), that started when I was about 9 or 10 years old, and I break out on my back, shoulders, face and neck...but never between my legs. One of my doctors did say it could be hormones...I'll write back once I find out if it is hormones.

I need help in that area too. And sometimes from my thighs rubbing i get really big cist looking pimples. It began once I gained weight. i hate it so much.

Hello, I have been having this problem for a few years now. I am 21 now and Im still dealing with this issue. I have tried just using dove beauty bar, no oil based skin products, and also taking 2 to 3 showers a day to just to clean my body. I have really oily skin and Ive had blackheads on my face since 8th grade. I began noticing the bumps on my thighs area, my rear end, n most recently have been noticing that my inner thighs have turned so dark its embrassing. I also; get pimples in my iner thighs as well, maybe its from wearing tight clothing, which I have recently laid off on. I have tried cremes the over the counter and the name brands products that are available. They either dont work, irritates my skin more or drys out my skin. I decided to seek medical attntn. I was prescribe a liqiud semi foam solution in which the doc instructed me to use at night after i shower. Its been helping slowly but shortly, however its leaving the dark spots on my thighs n legs. I questioned the doc about the dark spots and he stated that it will dissappear later. Im not sure how accurate this is, but I will continue to use the products and keep you all posted. I have also, notice that my brothers have been having the same issue as well. I would suggested that you guys watch your diet as well, what has been a key resource to me in my research in this area, is that Ive notice the change in my skin during puberty and when I started changing my diet to lots of fried food soda and junk. You have to remember that your body reacts based on how you treat it. What we eat and how we treat our body has a consequence and or reaction for it. I will update you all on the status of my skin issue and also, on the drug in which my dermatologist prescribe for me. It has put a sudden ease on me to know that Im not the only person with this issue. It has hinder my self esteem a little not knowing what to do about this issue. So im happy that I can help and share my experience with others that feel likewise.

I've had the same problem for a few year now. I've noticed that since I've gained weight the problem got worse. I've been seen by a dermatologist which only prescribed me acne medicine, which didn't work. So I made an appt with my OBGYN about three years ago and she actually gave me a name for this. Ready..HIDRAADENITIS SUPPRATIVA. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
I was so relieved when she told me there was actually a name for this. The only problem is there is NO CURE. NO MEDICINE that will take it away.

What I've noticed is staying away from sugar, losing weight helps with the outbreaks. It still very embarrassing, but my husband loves me regardless. When I googled it three years ago, there was only one website that provided support, but looks like there are a lot more websites out there with information. She said there really isn't many doctors that know about this skin disease and it still needs much more research done. But pretty much there is nothing you can do about it.

I've tried scrubs and cleansers and nothing takes away the darkness or the outbreaks. I hate it!

This is called hidradenitis suppurativa I have had it since I hit puberty. I gained weight and I have now lost a whole lot of weight. There is no cure for hidradenitis suppurativa and not really any treatments.

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NI-tis sup-u-ra-TI-va) is a chronic skin inflammation marked by the presence of blackheads and one or more red, tender bumps (lesions). The lesions often enlarge, break open and drain pus. Scarring may result after several recurrences.

Considered a severe form of acne (acne inversa), hidradenitis suppurativa occurs deep in the skin around oil (sebaceous) glands and hair follicles. The parts of the body affected — the groin and armpits, for example — are also the main locations of apocrine sweat glands.

Hidradenitis suppurativa tends to start after puberty, persist for years and worsen over time. Early diagnosis and treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa can help manage the symptoms and prevent new lesions from developing.

I have Hidradenitis suppurativa and yes it sucks. It started under my arms, large cysts, multiple. I had three surgeries, removal of the sweat glands from under the arm pits, right and left. That worked over time. I dont get them under the arms. But now they come under my breast between the legs, any where there is tight clothing. Numerous showers and good dial soap, less restrictive clothing works. I guess i could get more surgeries ,no, many scarrs, although for my under my arms, it really helped. Relief

I have this also. It is embaressing and I always dislike going to the Ob/Gyn, raising my arms or wearing sleevless tops. I have had it since I was young. I agree that staying away from sugar really helps. My doctor also prescribed me minocycline for acne on my face. I found that it also helps contol the black spots and also helps to heal the larger red, very painful cysts much faster.

i have had this also for a long time.... i used to get golf ball sized cyst on my inner thigh under my arms or breast...... but what i have found to work is anti-bacterial soap and i never have break downs as long as i use it..... the only thing is that it dries out your skin very badly.....so i just buy both anti-bacterial and moisterizing soap and bath with both.......the only thing is that this is a lifetime process trust me i know because when i dont use the anti-bacterial soap i break out like instantly..... lifeguard is really good

I'm 18 and I'm overweight, so I have darkened skin around my groin from my legs rubbing together, and blackheads between my thights for the same reason. No matter how much I scrub, I can't get rid of them! I'm just starting to coem to terms with my weight and be more comfortable with myself, but this problem of mine is stopping me from doing things I would like to do, like have sex with my boyfriend. I'm embarassed about the way my inner thights look, and I really need to find a way to get rid of this problem... I hope someone can help!!

u can use a bleaching cream twice a day but u must wear a tights under your cloths