I AM IN SUCH PAIN. I HAVE HAD MAJORITY OF MY BUMPS ON MY INNER THIGH FOR 7 MONTHS. THE BUMPS ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY BUTT AND BETWEEN MY BUTT CHEEKS HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 4-5 MONTHS. I JUST KEEP GETTING MORE AND MORE ON MY BUTT. I AM ONE OF THE CLEANIEST PEOPLE. SEVERAL TIMES MY DOCTOR HAS GIVEN ME MEDICINE (PILLS) AND OINTMENT. NOTHING IS HELPING!! IVE SEEN MY PRIMARY DOCTOR AND MY DERMATOLOGIST. I WAS ADVISED THAT THEY ARE SIMILAR TO AN INGROWN HAIR BUT THEY GO DEEPER AND GET SOLID LIKE A SIST. I HAVE NOW WENT TO SEE A SURGEON THINKING THIS WOULD FINALLY WORK. THEY SAY THEY CAN REMOVE THE BUMPS BUT THEY WOULD LEAVE SCARS. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE MORE MARKS ON MY BODY. I ALREADY HAVE SKIN DISCOLORATION BETWEEN MY BUTT AND MY THIGHS FROM ALL THESE DIFFERENT BUMPS. I WAS 70 POuNDS OVER WEIGHT AND I'VE NOW LOST 60 POUNDS, YOU'D THINK THAT WOULD'VE HELPED. PLEASE HELP ME!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE AND PAIINFUL. :cry:

Well, I think that the doctors presented all the possibilities to you. The only thing you could try is another around of antibiotics (oral and ointment) to see if the problem may be removed now since you have lost weight and your legs and thighs are probably not rubbing against each other now as they did before.

When they rub, you sweat more and I reckon that both rubbing and sweat could be contributing to the bumps. I would advise you to keep the area dry, use some kind of powder to keep it dry and talk to your doctors about going another rounds with the medicines.
Don’t apply powder and ointment at the same time. I hope you will manage to get rid of these bumps soon.

I had this same problem! I didn't know anyone else had this same thing. My sophomore year of college. I had them almost the entire year but they were on a different part of my upper thigh and thus didn't rub and cause pain.

However, I believe that they were stress related! I had a really difficult year with some things happening that caused me a great deal of stress. Since the bumps didn't rub or hurt I just forgot about them. However, I remember that after that year was over and the stress I'd been living with was gone, the bumps went away too.

So I'm not sure if this is of any help, but it's worth a shot. If there is something in your life that is putting major stress on your body mentally or physically, this might be your body's way of dealing with that stress.

I waited and used tons of over the counter remedies but nothing seemed to help. After six months it got to the point when it use to bleed frequently. If you have or get buttocks hair, remove it asap. Don't be shame and have someone help you remove them. When u walk those hairs scratch the inside of the buttocks which make the situation worse. Even after my surgery, it itches like hell sometimes. Every time I get itching, it use hair remover and clean out the area and it gets normal next day. The moral of the story is...everything that happens between buttocks is mainly due to the hairs that grow there. If you are at the point where you get puss filled...u will need to get a surgery done. If it doesn't bleed, then the wise thing to do is simply clean out the area asap. Word of advice: If your situation is extreme...just get the surgery because in my case post surgery procedure took one month. I had to get dressing change at hospital for next one month before it completely healed. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

i had a boyfriend who used to have this problem. but his turned out to be boils. they would start off like ingrown hairs and what not and then just get bigger and hard in the center and before long i would have to hold him down and pop them for him. if you ever get green/grey puss and blood coming out then its a boil. and if you get all the puss and blood out. the core will die and go away. they are painful and unfortunately the bacteria can be spread to others. i ended up getting one from taking care of him. mine took 5hours to drain it completely but after that the core went away. if you dont wanna do that see if the dr can lance it for you

I'm a teenager with this problem i've had them for about 2 years and i have not told anybody about it besides now.they have left scars and are still forming.my mother has told me stories of her mother having this problem i would go see a doctor about it but i'm so ashamed and i want to tell my mother but i'm scared.when i grow up i want to be a mother or even wear certain clothes but this condition has left me with so many scars and discoloration i can't.What should i do please help!?!

The bumps that form between your legs are from hair. Most of the time people who get them are over weight (like me :$ ). Usually a head won't form and if it does then it isn't over the problem but instead next to it. If this happens don't even bother trying to pop it unless the head is a pretty good size. What can also be terrible about these is the fact that if they do form a good size head and you pop it then a watery blood type fluid will drain out of it for up to an hour before scabbing over.
These are almost always caused by ingrown hairs and the reason the hair becomes ingrown from the friction of the legs rubbing together. I have found that there are several things that will help.

1) You can apply the biggest Band-Aid sold or gauze to the inner thighs. This causes a buffer between the bumps and the thighs from rubbing to together. I have found that if you take care of the bumps in this manner that they will go away in a matter of days. The bandages will also prevent new ones from forming.

Try this and change the bandages at least once per day if not twice per day and the bumps will go away. Keep the area clean and good luck to you.

I apologize for not finishing my statements above before falling asleep last night. My head kept hitting the key board so I finally gave up and went to bed. Below are the other things that I have used to help prevent the bumps from forming between my thighs.

Bees Wax
Apply as needed. I usually have to apply this 3 or 4 times per day depending on how much walking that I do on any particular day.

Band-Aid Friction Block
Band-Aid brand has come out with a friction block stick. The friction block is advertised for use with peoples feet to prevent blisters etc. but I found it work as a thin guard between the legs but like the bees wax you will have to apply it several times per day.

All in all I still prefer the gauze or big band-aids. The only downside is that you have to put up with them being between your thighs all day. However, as far as effectiveness they do the most good as they completely prevent new bumps from forming and help keep the bumps that you already have from getting worse.

Until a company figures out that this is a problem in most overweight people I guess there won't be anything put on the market for it. Even if they do make something up it will probably consist of a thick lubricant or a garment. I don't see anything else being able to work to help prevent the bumps.

I hope my information has proven to be helpful to all of you. If you have a remedy that you use then please post it so the rest of us can give it a try. :D

i used GRISOVIN TABLETS, ANTI-FUNGAL POWDER, AND NIZORAL CREME

THE CREME AND TABS WERE PRESCRIBED BY DOCTOR...

you have to use n powder and the creme heavily PLEASE..like 1/2 an hour...since ur pants or undies will brush of 1/2 of it.

finally...its going away...js little bumps left..the dark skin is gone..some of the bumps are started to become boils. i just blew up 1 lol..another one is forming..***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**..

I am suffering from the same problem and have been for the last two years. I think is because of my weight gain, I am at my largest after my last baby. I did let my GYN take a look at it and he states it looked like acne as well. They are sooooo painful and uncomfortable to where I can barely touch them. I normally soke in hot esom salt bath water, heating pad and keep the Gold Bond Medicated powder between my legs to keep them dry. I know I have to lose some weight for them to get better though because I never had this problem before. My legs were always free of scars and discoloration. Does anyone know how to get rid of the discoloration?

I am as well overweight and have the same problem. I have tryed everything!!!! The one thing I found that works the best was this black soap my cuz got for me call "Dudu Osun." Its a black soap from africa and it works miracles!!! You can use it all over your body and it clears up blimishes and acne. I would definitely recommend this soap to anyone no matter the race and also use the shea butter that is under the same brand name... Good luck and hope it works for you as it did for me.

Hello everyone.
I have been suffering with the same symptoms as you all have listed. For 12 years doctors didn't know what the cause of these painful boils/abscesses/cysts were. I have had at least 20 lanced (drained in the ER) from the age of 11- today (age 25) and I was finally diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa. Its a skin condition that results from your glands (oil and sweat) being "clogged" which in turn causes an infection within the hair follicle. Look it up, as there are many treatment options, the most extreme being surgery. I have had 3 so far, and have seen much improvement. The downside is the abundant scarring (under my arms, inner thighs, between my breasts) but hey, what can you do? I hope the info I shared helps and you should see a dermatologist in order to receive proper treatment.

I sit and hot water with blech for a week and i put Neosprin and bluestar ointment

OH MY GOD! I've found out recently I have these bumps in between my inner thighs and on my butt. its so painful. When I am in gym class, i play alot of basketball and I sweat more than anybody else. my hands and feet are always wet because of  hyperhydrosis. its so humiliating and i havent told my mom or a doctor yet. im enlisting in the military in the summer time. and they will examine my body in the nude. i want to do something about it as soon as possible.  i need HELP ASAP.

YES Dudu Osun is amazing!. i also use bikini zone and 5% benzol peroxide. i think i might try that band-aid thing. chub rub is the worst! i have hyperhydrosis so maybe using baby powder as well as taking st. johns wort pills