Hello to you all. I was wondering if there are people here who know about Hidradenitis Suppurativa? I have looked up the symptoms of the disease and it is very disturbing to say the least. Can you tell me, please, if there is any known treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa? Thanks for your replies!

Sadly, Hidradenitis Suppurativa is one of those diseases that just has not been studied enough. Better treatment could probably be developed, but since Hidradenitis Suppurativa affects so few people, it apparently just does not pay off for pharmaceutical companies to research Hidradenitis Suppurativa. There are some pain relief meds available, but they focus on relief, not cure.

Yes, I agree about this ascertainment that you published up there. They still do a lot of different researchers about this disease and they did set some hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatments that everyone can find helpful. Regularly they say that some of the treatment usually will include local hygiene and ordinary hygiene as well, weight reduction in the patient who has a problem with pounds, but I don't know how this can help. I know that every single person from my environment needed to use some pills, meds for pain relief, etc. Also, surgery can be necessary at times, especially in chronic hidradenitis suppurativa.

Hello there stevena430,

I really hope that you are not diagnosed with this condition because this is one of the autoimmune disorders and for most of this disorders there is no cure. This is due to the fact that autoimmune disorder means that your own body is attacking healthy cells and tissue. And since there is unknown reason why this is happening it is logical that there is no cure.

When it comes to the treatment situation is slightly complicated. When we say treatment we mean there is possibility to treat something and that we will be healthy after that, but in this case focus is on relieving the symptoms of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I hope this was helpful.

Hi. I have experienced painful cysts on my underarms, breasts, inner thighs, buttocks, and have had to have them removed my surgery. This condition is called HS. HS is short for Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), also known as 'Acne Inversa', is a physically, psychologically, and socially disabling disease affecting inverse areas of the body (those places where there is skin-to-skin contact - armpits, groin, breasts, etc.), and where apocrine glands and hair follicles are found. It is non-contagious and recurrent; typically manifesting as a progression from single boil-like, pus-filled abscesses, or hard sebaceous lumps, to painful, deep-seated, often inflamed clusters of lesions with chronic seepage (suppuration --- hence the name) involving significant scarring.
I have learned that Nizoral Shampoo with Ketoconazole can be used as a body wash to help reduce and prevent these cysts from occuring. Avoid being in the heat and try to wear cotton clothing as well. For topical creams you can get Ketoconazole 2% cream prescribed and apply that with your gauze dressings to promote healing. Also sulphur based medications do help and this is why you should alternate creams with Silver Sulphadine. Oral antibiotics should be used to get rid of infections. If you have puss coming out this is an infection and you should follow with your dr. The medications that work are Cipro or Doxycyclin.
HS is not acne and is most commonly misdiagnosed. ACCUTANE DOES NOT CURE HS! In fact it makes it worse. I wish someone told me that 15 years ago because I suffered from the side effects of the medication and it made things worse. Proactive doesn't work either and will make the skin crack and irritate the already inflamed area. I wish someone told me that because it felt like I had a chemical burn on top of the HS. Valtrex doesn't work because it is not Herpes and not a virus regardless of what the doctor tells you, ask questions and do your research. If they say it might help they are taking a guess.
What works is stay hidrated. Don't smoke or be around second hand smoke. Your body needs oxygen to heal and fight off infection. Stress, illness, and getting your menstrual cycle will bring on HS. Knowing this take extra showers and use Nizoral in those areas that reinflammation occurs followed with applying the two ointments that I mentioned. Hot compresses are great for opening the pores and be clean. Draining cysts should always be done with gloves and discard of bandages and papertowel immediately. Keep wounds covered to prevent your clothes from being soiled and wash everything including linens in hot water.
There is no cure for HS and in extreme cases where antibiotics don't work surgery needs to be done. Knowledge is power and if you know how to manage with HS it makes life easier.
A fruit to eat to prevent the cysts from coming is Guanabanna also known as Sour Sop. It is a miracle fruit and prevents cancer and is used to treat 12 different types of cancer as well as preventing abnormal cells from forming. It attacks the bad cells without the negative effects of Kemo and it better than taking antiobiotics every month that oftenly you grow immune to.
For pain management take Ibuprophen because it is a anti-inflammatory and will help with the swelling. If needed you may have to see a pain management specialist to get prescribed pain killers. Percocet works the best and make sure that you take them with food.
Always follow with your doctor before trying any of what I have recommended. I am sharing with you what works for me and everyone is different. I hope that the information that I provided can help.

hi i have had hs for over 12 years. i have had surgery and lots of antibiotics and then finally saw a dermatologist who told me how they are trying to get it put on the auto immune disorder register. he gave me a immunosuppressant called ciclosporin and its been working great. since starting it i have had no flare ups and all my old wounds have healed! there is no set treatment for hs but for me this is the best ever. if i come off it even for a day i start to feel the flares coming . so im staying on this long term!

I too have HS and it is just horrible. It only affects roughly 1% of the population so there is probably no much financial incentive for pharmaceutical companies to research it which is terrible because this disease is truly awful. There are many natural treatments and remedies that work though such as tea tree oil, turmeric supplements, apple cider vinegar, paleo diet etc.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have had this condition for over 35 years but have pretty much been in complete remission for about 10. I did some research and read a study that stated zinc had put many people into remission. I started at 44mg zinc picolinate 2x per day and eventually tapered down to 44mg 1x per day. I rarely ever have a flare anymore and when I do, its very small, and resolves quickly. Zinc Picolinate is a godsend for this disease!

Thank you so much this comment could have very well saved my life

Try over the counter zinc tablets (1 every 2 days) get the cheapies, it's like 3$ for a bottle of 100, works wonders. just make sure to eat some liver or other copper containing food now and then as taking zinc can inhibit your body from taking up copper and vice versa.

Which zinc supplement is best and which food and vegetables are best while taking zinc supplements

May I be as successful as you. Congratulations! !!! $

I suffer from this as well which I call the plague. In the above information presented is really true and I've been on every antibiotic Accutane excetera it doesnt help makes it worse make it worse. One piece of advice definitely do not smoke it will make it way worse. I do want to throw something out that I have advocated for and doctors actually listen to me is if I'm not mistaken Alexandria laser treatment hair removal to be exact there's not a cure but it helps tremendously because if there's no hair to be infected than in theory you will have less what i call plague. Hopefully this is helpful to the others that suffer through this terrible depressing issue. Hang in there.. maybe if the pharmaceutical industry sees this as profitable someday they will invest more money in it

HI
I HEAD ALSO HS WOUND ON MY LOW PART OF BODY ITS VERY PAIN FULL DO HAVE ANY TRETMENT OF HS
PLZ SEND ANY INFO ABOUT HS 
I AM VERY THANKFUL TO YOU

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Go to your local Vitamin Shoope and ask for Tea tree oil. Get the expensive stuff.