Every sence around the time i was going through puberty, i've been getting boils, blackheads, pimples and whiteheads in my inner thighs and buttocks. The boils leave really bad, crater looking, deep scars that are just soooo ugly! I've been to a doctor and a obgyn and all they did was precribed antibiotics wich didnt do much. I'am now 20 years old and five months pregnant with my first child, and the last thing i want is for every one to see the horrible secret that only me and my husband knows about when i open my legs while giving birth. I am fed up with this acne type of uglyness in between my legs, i need help! I need a product that will get rid of the blackheads or atleast the ugly scars the boils left me to die with. I think this skin disorder has something to do with hidrandenitis suppurativa. Forgive me if i spelt that wrong. Help! Help me! I need a really good scar remover for the scars i have in my inner thighs left by boils, blackheads, whiteheads and pimples :'(

I know it's been a while since you posted this but I do hope you see this reply... What you are suffering from is not "just acne". It sounds very much like a condition that I and many other people have called, Hidradenitis Suppurativa and although, sadly, there is no cure and no reason behind this embarassing and painful skin condition, there ARE steps you can take to limit outbreaks and flare-ups.
Don't be embarassed, I know it's hard, but you're not alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis

Having suffered from these boils/spots for many years. I'm now 26 and have got to the point of exhaustion using numerous different miracle creams/diets/pills/boil aids etc etc. My doctor has been very helpful with prescribing me all the latest meds and advising me on what I could try diet/exercise wise. Sadly no use as the spots continue stronger than ever. I get red spots, purple boils, some with pus some without, some are infact ingrown hairs some not. I've now tried something a little drastic but it has worked significantly and coming from someone who had a new spot/boil every other day I have only had one since using it 2 weeks ago. Its a TCA peel ordered from makeupartistschoice.com. I used it initially on my face to rejuvinate and freshen the skin and remove old spot scars from when I was a teen but I randomly decided to use it on my inner thighs where the problem is worst for me. Its now peeling the top layer of my skin and most spot scars have smoothed out and gone. Like I said only one more appeared near to the time I began the peel, since nothing. I'm really happy with the result and will continue to use the TCA peel every few months untill all marks are gone and no more boil/spots appear. You can use one bottle for full thighs around 3 times. All instructions are included and it costs approx £15 each incl p&p. You might find it cheaper elsewhere if you shop around. Either way I'm happy and would like others to have the opp to try something that might help resolve this horrible problem. Best of luck guys. At least it helps to know there are a few of us suffering from this embarassing problem.

Wow! I can't believe as many women have had this same skin issue as me. For years I've been dealing with it. Doctors say its weight, but when I was thinner I had them. I've been to regular MD's, Dermatologists and natural healers. No one has been able to give me clear answers or give me a remedy that truly works. I'm 37 now and it's only gotten worse. I too have lots of scarring. Sometimes the large red boils are very painful - and now they are spreading to my buttocks and to the back of my legs below my buttocks.

I didn't realize it is a real disorder - Hidradenitis suppurativa. So thank you to the women who posted here and offered advice. I have been washing that area with an anti-bacterial wash, but I have to use it every day. I didn't know about the tea trea oil of black shea soap - so I'll give those a try as well. I was wondering - what about an anti-bacterial powder? I was reading at this link: that zinc gluconate supplements can help reduce breakouts. So I was thinking if cleaning the area and instead of apply an antibiotic ointment that maybe applying an antibiotic powder would help. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? I'm gonna give it a try and keep you posted.

Still trying to control it - HL Lady

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

What percent did you get? Im going to get it i have been having this for yrs.. thanks for the tip

I have this disorder too. One of the ways I dealt with it was with Steroid shots injected at the site. This helps make them go away, but if you have hidradenitis suppurativa, then you should know that antibiotics dont treat this disorder. It is caused by inflammation of your sweat glands, so maybe creams with Steroids might be helpful. As far as the scars are concerned, you could try to have them removed surgically. If you have a lot of inflamed areas, you could opt for something a little more serious which is the removal of all your sweat glands in that area. Skin grafts are placed over the area removed. It will leave scars. Try to keep your bottom and inner thighs dry and also use something like vinager or lemon juice, this keeps bacteria levels down. You can use it under your arms too. It helps with body odor. I hope this helps.

um...is this only a womans disorder?....cause ima 21 year old guy and i found this forum thing because im tryin to figure out how to get rid of the same dang thing....they hurt like hell!!! they seemed to slow down for a while but its back to bein a pain in the butt....ima try everything i read on here to make it stop...i guess i will post wut i come up with

Sooo..I have the same thing with the ugly boils pimples and so on and it's really relieving to see that I'm not the only one....I actually had never gotten them until about 8 months ago...I want to say that it came when I gained weight after having my son...I was hoping it was just a small break out and they would go away but they never did...they are really ugly looking and sometimes i get them so bad it makes me feel like I'm dirty or somehting...it's an awful feeling..Anyhow, I saw one of the post talking about a peel so I'm definitely going to talk about it with my OBGYN and see what she says....It always feels good to know you're not the only one!

I have this problem and also with the boils on my behind. Only thing that has worked for me is tanning. When I tan they are gone in a week or two. Not sure why, but it works... I guess the heat draws out some of the infection, not sure.

I have problems with blackheads, boils (furuncles) and have had hydratinitis in the past. Men do have these issues too, my dad used to when he was younger too. I had surgery for the hydratinitis in my early 20's. The procedure is called marsuplization. They numb the area and insert a probe into the "tunnel" of the hydratinitis litterally cutting the tops off. They are left open to heal. The scars don't look great, but it sure beats the pain of the condition.

I've just gotten fed up with this same problem and googled solutions and came to this site! I really thought I was alone in the world with this horrible problem! But now I realize I didnt start to get them until I began to put on weight and now that I'm finally starting to lose it maybe this c**p will go away! Thanks for all the tips and solutions!

Oh this makes me feel so much better that other people suffer with this too. Im 22 and have been suffering with this on my own for years, I dare not go to the doctors about it because they'll say lose weight, when ive already lost so much and still no improvement. Im going to try some of the tips you guys have given me. Its such an embarrasing condition that it really does affect my life :-( Thankyou everyone!!

Yeah I'm 26 & Male and i didn't start getting these blemishes till i started gaining weight. I'm curious though that if I lose weight whether they will stay or not. Seems other people have lost the weight and still had them, so I'm curious what exactly would be the best course of action to go about getting rid of these blemishes and issues that are embarrassing and above difficult to deal with at times.

Thank god Im not the only one. I thought that the only reason I got them was because Im over weight and I am soo embaressed when my boyfriend wants to do things cause Im afraid of what he will think when he see's the scars and such. I am in marching band too and everytime after practice when we would be out in the sun and doing some marching and I noticed that my inner thighs broke out so bad that I couldnt walk straight. Thank you for the information

To everyone out there with hs, this is a monster, I am 45 yrs old, i've been having it for 20years. It is devastating, so devastating I just went through a tummy tuck, thigh lift just because they told me this might help the condition, not 100 % for sure but this condition makes u feel desperate, I am praying that I would never get this again. Good luck to everyone with it :-(