Hi, I've had a hypospadias repair that resulted in a fistula. Then, that very same fistula was repaired, but the repair failed. I then had ANOTHER fistula repair, and this one seems to have worked. Only problem is, i have a bit of a scar down there, and was wondering if there was anyway to make it LESS obvious? I understand a flap was made and brought over the hole after it had been sutured shut.

Cheers guys.

Tim, Cape Town.

Hi, Tim
I had Hypospadias surgery correction, which resulted in fistula. The leakage (fistula) is midway between the opening at the tip of the gland (penis) and the place where the shaft meets the gland. My seventh fistula repair failed again last December. I was wondering if you could suggest a good urethra reconstruction surgeon. Please send the information to my private email

Thanks,
Nelson

Dear Tim,

My son, now 8, has had 4 surgeries, the last was a fistula repair that failed. Tim, would you please tell me the surgeon you used that was successful?

Thank you so much,

Gina

Tim,

Who did your repair? And who was able to fix it? My son has had 4 surgeries @ John Hopkins withh no luck, Dr. gearhaardt was the surgeon.

Ryan wrote:

Timmy tom tom wrote:

Cheers guys.

Tim, Cape Town.

Tim,

I , as a child underwent 5-6 hypospadias repairs, with the last being at age 10 in 1973. The DR.'s back then , were using techniques mostly unchanged from before WW2. The current repair of choice is the Snodgrass technique, which I recently underwent by Dr. Snodgrass , himself (Children's hospital, Dallas). As with all surgeries, there is always risk of various complications, including fistulas. I unfortunately have a very small fistula, and a somewhat larger one, which I plan on having repaired once everything settles out in a few months. by my own experience, and according to what i have read, He is the GURU of such things, and would be a good Dr. To see about fixing these things, or, he may know a colleague, closer to you? perhaps. Another option is a facility near San Francisco, which i cannot find a link for that does nothing but genital reconstructions, including hypospadias and similar procedures. The thing i have found with urologists, locally, anyway, is the Pediatric urologists do LOTS of hypospadias (and related) repairs, but, most will not have anything to do with adults. The other portion of urologists, who do treat adults, primarily, either deal with prostate, incontinence, kidney, or vasectomies, and other things, but rarely deal with hypopsadias cases. As a result , we tend to fall in the cracks ,somewhat.