3 months ago I had a hysterectomy performed with no problems, and a bladder sling put in to help with a bit of stress incontinence caused by childbirth. The sling was put in "Too tightly" and I was told I needed to go back in for more surgery to get the sling snipped and loosened. Since I was losing control of my bladder when I would sit, turn, bend over, or sometimes for no apparent reason, my doctor said to wait a few weeks and then go back in. I did. I went home with a catheter for 10 days, because somewhere in the fixing process, my urethra had become so thin that it needed to be stitched. Vesicare did not seem to help, or the patch appllied to my hip. If the sling is put in, and the bladder is still leaking, does that mean that the sling is too loose, or too tight. I've yet to get a clear understanding of this and need desperately to get back to work. Help me! I'm drowning! And I want my life back. I'm just over 50, and very active. At least I used to be!

2007 tansobturator sling put in. Was too tight. Within 6 months, went back to surgery to have the TOT clipped. After several months tests revealed I had developed a urethral diverticulum. Had surgery to remove the diverticulum. Assume the tansobturator sling that was too tight created the diverticulum. Is my assumption correct? Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Please can i ask how you know if its too tight . I had my tvt done on the 18th of august 2014 . I have so much pain in my groin its like a elastic band pulling so tight .it stopping me from sitting walking etc i getting desperate now.

How are you feeling? I need to have my sling removed I have pulling and UTI "type" feelings and no UTI :(