In Nov 2005 I had a bladder sling put in for stress incontinence. I had a horrible time with the cathater. I went to the emergency room every day after I let the hospital in horrible pain. My bladder was having spasms and it was horrible. At one point they had to administer Dilaudid pills and opium suppositories. These made me hallucinate but did not stop the spasms. Only removing the cathater stopped the spasms. I learned how to cathaterize myself for the next few days and after about 4 days I couldn't do it any more. Literally. I could not get the tube in. I went to the doctors office and the nurse tried to get it in and could not. The doctor tried and could not. They didn't seem to be concerned, so I didn't go back. I started having spasms again and I decided to go to another doctor. He tried to cathaterize me and could not. After looking deeper he found the bladder sling was eroded through my urethra and I would have to have surgery again. This doctor wanted to play it safe and sent me to a specialist. The specialist looked and said that maybe the sling had been in place long enough that it would still do what it was supposed to do after he cut out the part of it that had eroded through the urethra (which had to be cut also). This surgery was April 3rd, 2006. I again had a problem with the cathater. It caused extremely painful spasms until it was removed. Early. I continued to have incontenance. I don't have to think about it or prepare myself to run, I just go. I must wear a pad all the time. On my second visit after surgery he told me to make sure I did my kegal excercises 3 times a day and take tofrinal 20mg a day. I thought this was working for a few days. I had an infection and couldn't go. After that I went back to the same pattern. I can't stand having to wear these pads and stink so bad! I use 5 or 6 each time I go out. The only way to stop it is to be very still. I don't go back to the doctor until August. My life is at a standstill and I am normally very active. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not even 48 years old yet and this is very difficult to live with.

What kind of doctor are you seeing? Do they know why you have prolapse of the bladder? I have a cystecele, entercele, rectoecele & prolapse of the uterus. I am having surgery on Thurs. for repairs. I am seeing a urogyn. Best of luck. :-D