I would like to know about the bladder sling recovery period...what are the can and can not do's? What is the time frame of these things?
When can you resume lifting pots and pans? When is it safe to resume sexual activity?
What is the weight limit for lifting and how long does it apply?
I really would like to know as I am thinking about this procedure for myself.
Thank you.

I wouldnt recommend the surgery from my experience has been horrible.I had it done in Oct.2010 and had to return in nov.to have the sling cut because it was too tight.Now im in severe pain all the time down there.Im not just a random case either..I read all the warnings from others who had it done and didnt listen and would do anything to go back and never have had the surgery at all.I would rather my vagina be between my legs than be suffering i pain everyday of my life.
Hope you can find something else to do besides the sling surgery.Good Luck

I would like to know what a bladder sling has to do with your vagina being between your legs? A bladder sling and a vaginal prolapse do not go together. I have had the bladder sling and with in a couple of weeks things were back to normal, and I wasn't urinating on myself when ever I coughed or sneezed.

April wrote:

traci39 wrote:

Thanks for the positive feedback, i will be getting a bladder sling in sept. and I hear all this horrible stuff. whats horrible was getting a interstem put in that didnt work, NEVER having any control of my bladder for the last 10 years and getting worse....I cant wait to have it done thanks

I had the surgery nov 10 2010 they removed it sept 17th 2012 surgery 9 14 2012 t0 remove a huge stone caused from the sling. Also a small hole in top of bladder do to th way the first ddr put skling in she did not follow prodocall this could have been avoided. What can I do I am in ;pain leaking all over.

I am considering having the surgery and would love to know who did yours. I really don't want the same doctor.

I had it done last week and so far so good. I have sneezed several times and have not peed my pants. i was a little sore but am feeling great. it seems a little harder to pee probably because i have been wetting myself when sneezing, coughing, jumping or running. i am so happy at this moment and hope all stays this way.

I had it done 3 weeks ago so far so good. Just a little pain. They did mine with mesh I’m just worried about that.