The bladder sling surgery I had back in '94 allowed me to regain my life, my passions. I am so grateful for that ! However, I just recently, about 5-6 mos. ago, began having problems with recurring bladder infections. I took antibiotics once, but the four times since then I've tried Azo, a cranberry supplement. If I hit it hard enough I can return to what feels like normalcy. I did this a few times. However, the UTI's keep recurring with little break time in between. I believe I've been averaging 1/month. It seems that either I'm not completely getting rid of the bacteria, if these are indeed UTI's, or perhaps there is an issue with the sling itself that is causing me problems. It "feels" like there is pressure, almost like a hard budlge, indicating that the sling may have dropped. I don't know what happens to slings over time. I am trying to get some answers that may help me know which direction to go to figure this out. I am frustrated with the constant pain upon urination. I've had as many UTI's (perhaps) in the last 1/2 year as I've had all the rest of my life. 8-|

Fellow sufferer, I too had a second operation for sagging bladder back in the nineties. This time the doctor employed a sling.

After a few years I started having repeated bladder infections. I am really never free of the infections.

I just finished taking an antibiotic for the infection they found a month ago and I feel that I have yet another.

I saw a specialist about it and he said my bladder is fine and "dropped just slightly" but he found no need of me continuing his care since he felt all

was well. I think my doctors are ignoring a very possible cause of my infections.

Now I must call and make another appointment with my family doctor and tell her of my impressions concerning the sling.

I do hope that both you and I find relief from our problem. 

i amm facing this problem as well although i have done nothing about it.i am afraid there is no good solution. I do not know what to do than try to live with this problem. Sling procedure does not seem to work. thanks for your post.it was helpful

I realize your post is from a long time ago, but it sounds like I typed it myself.  I went 8 years with no problems, now UTI's about once a month.  Doctor is hesitant to blame the sling, but can't find any other reasons.  What ended up happening?