My mother is suffering from urinary incontinence. She has great problems. Sometimes she can't get to bathroom in time. Also from time to time she has infections of the urinary tact. The doctors have decided to operate. She is going to urethral ling surgery. Can you tell me something about the procedure itself?

This procedure treats urinary incontinence by placing a sling around the urethra to lift it to normal position. It can help with urine retention by exert pressure on the urethra. The sling is placed on the abdominal wall. Material for the sling is made from muscle, ligament, or tendon tissue taken by women or animal. After the surgery you must stay in hospital because of the deep incisions. Catheter will be placed into your bladder to allow urine to drain. If there are no complications you can go home after 2 or 3 days.