I have a prolapse bladder which is visible with spots of blood at times. I'm 37 with no kids. I was told I needed surgery and was given a referral to an OBGYN. I'm a bit confused. Isn't this an urology issue? Who is best suited to do the surgery? I'm also having difficulties finding a doctor who will see me within two weeks - who isn't just out of residency. I'm in pain, mostly when sitting, which I can't avoid at work. Other than putting up with the pain, is waiting two weeks for an appointment okay or should I go with a less experienced doctor? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the doctor's specialty and experience compared to possible issues of having to wait for an appointment.

Thank you for any input you may have.

Solution, without surgery. Buy a Nancy Ganz Panty Girdle. Not too tight. Then go to Wallmart and buy a Girdle thong. Put a panty liner in the girdle and put the girdle on using your clean hand to push any protrusion back inside. It helps to lean slightly forward while doing this, or to put the girdle on while laying down and while everything is in place then when its comfortably on put the elastic thong OVER the panty girdle. The liner buffers any pressure from the thong. The thong OVER TOP of the girdle is a comfortable way to hold up the perenium wall and hold everything in. This WORKS. Your urgency to urinate will be greatly decreased as well. You can use a thick pad or use a thin on. Thinner are a bit more comfortable. You won't believe how this simple combination can help!

I too have a prolapsed bladder and have been told by my GP, a urologist, and 2 othr doctors not to worry until it gets bad. That is not what I want to do. this has happened to y sister, my mother and my paternal Grandmother who's bladder fell out. I want to know who to go to and how to get this taken care of before the symtoms get worse. At this point it is a grade 2. I ahve been by a physicial who practices natural and Chinese medicine that it can be treated and "fixed" naturally and without surgery. I don't want to go around with an extra set of garments on. What to do?[/list]

There is a simple device that can be placed in your vaginal that will hold your bladder and/or uterus up and in place; it's called a PESSARY.

Your gynocologist OR your urologist should be able to fit you for one; usually they are about 2 inches in diameter and once in place you can't feel it (kind of like a diaphragm). It should be removed and cleaned (daily I think?); and it will help with some forms of incontinence too if you're having some of those problems. You do need to have it checked by the doctor who prescribed it each year; and if your weight changes a lot, you may need to get a different sized one.

I had one about 6-7 years ago and it really helped until I had the bladder sling surgery.

At the age of 74 I had surgery for a prolapsed bladder. The Urologist performed a bladder sling through the vagina and the GYN reconstructed my vagina. I was in the hospital only 2 nights and the surgery went well. I am so pleased that I had this done. It is like a new lease on life.

what is a girdle thong? Are Nancy Ganz girdles also at Wallmart? Thanks.

CAN YOU TELL HOW LONG WAS THE RECOVERY, ALSO
YOUR RESTRICTIONS.

How long does this type of surgery affect your sex life?

why bother with both garments? I hate thongs--wouldn't a spanx panty do the same thing as a girdle?