Hello, I'm new to this forum.  I've been searching a few forums to find out what I can be diagnosed with. I'm 16 years old and lately, I have been experiencing what might describe as "cognitive fog". I started to become extremely stressed. But after a while it started to get better. I would get really bad headaches, and I wouldn't go to sleep. I felt like I was living in a dream. All of that has gone away except for this new thing that is happening with my brain. I feel really different, and emotionless. The back of my brain seems to hurt a lot, and there's pressure on it. I'm not doing well in school, and I seem to not have a memory anymore. I would think of something but I would forget it after a while. I forget what happened yesterday, it's all unclear. When I try to think my brain has a lot of pressure on it. My muscles are starting to tense up, and my neck is sore. I haven't been social lately either. I can't talk people anymore because I have nothing to say to them. My brain doesn't come up with things to say, and I have loss of words. My speech seems to be getting worse. This is bothering me. It takes me a while for me to think of something. I can't memorize anything anymore. I usually forget it. All the thoughts in my head don't make sense. If i try to explain something, it would not make sense. I just feel something is wrong with my brain and that I can't be happy anymore. I've lost all my motivation to do anything, and I really want this to end. I have smoked weed before, and the last time i did it it did not end up so well. I felt like I was in a dream state, and that I was watching everything like it was a movie. On the same day I threw up 3 times, and after that I saw beaming lights and I could not hear for 30 seconds. Everything became a blur. I've started to have good nights of sleep but I wake up at random times, and I got right back to sleep. My breathing patterns seem different, like I sometimes realize that I am not breathing and I have to take deep breaths. It feels like there's a lot pressure on my body pulling me down. I don't have an appetite anymore, and I have to force myself to be hungry. I really wish I could just wake up and all of this could be gone. I'm never happy anymore, and all I can do is laugh at things that i think are funny. I don't feel like I'm 16 anymore. I don't feel "smart", and I really wish I could have conversations with people without me just saying nothing. I want my friends back, and my old life back. No thoughts come to my head, and i feel out of breath whenever I try to focus on something. I don't know whats wrong. I really want someone to help me :/

Hey there. I know exactly what you're describing. It happened to me and it was really scary. It was like my brain just slowed down and wasn't processing information the same anymore. My friends thought I became weird because I stopped talking and couldn't find words to carry on conversations. When I did try to what I said seemed to make little sense and they lost patience with my bizarre detachment. I lost interest in life and lost the ability to remember songs (I'm a musician), forgot how to do the work I've been doing my entire life(contracting, painting, electrical) as well as developing horrible insomnia where I would fall asleep for about 2 hours and wake up kinda shaking and jittery. Sound familiar? Yeah... So did your post. I could have written it. It's hard to describe to people when you feel your brain has stopped working. They just don't get it. But it's not you. You're not losing your mind. You have a bacterial infection that's poisoning your body and in turn affecting it's ability to absorb nutrients. Have you lost weight at all? Do you get stomach aches or is your stomach swollen like you're preggers? Certain foods make you feel worse after you eat them? Food allergies?Serious mood shifts and bad mood swings? Altered sense of smell and taste? Did you have anything like food poisoning or a sinus/stomach flu before it started? If you're still monitoring this post after a year (And I hope you're ok because this can get really out of control) please respond and I'll get right back to you. I'll do my best to at least point you in a proper direction and give you a few starter points with things that can have a quick effect and bring you out of that fog. Hoping this finds you hanging in there and doing well bud. Holler back at me.

Hi John I'd really appreciate some more information as I feel I may be experiencing this as well.