Is it normal for a young, healthy man to be empty? I feel like there is nothing in me. No emotions, no feelings, not even fears, nothing. One big, whole nothing. For some time I tried to fight this but it was not successful. I even do not talk to my friends like I used to do. What is wrong with me?

You did not say but I suppose that you had some bed moments in your life before. Some of those moments could cause your present stage. It happens in very emotional people after some dramatic experiences in life. It is normal to be that way. But, it is also normal to ask for help. Maybe a psychologist would be a right person for you. However if you try some therapy it wont hurt you.

I feel that emptiness is good sometimes especially in this fast-paced world we live in but I understand how it can make u feel crazy cuz theres nothing goin on inside.How long have u felt this way and are u doing anything different like drinking or switching jobs or living somewhere new?Change seems to be the biggest and hardest thing for people.I find it fascinating too cuz we fear change so much yet when we are driving in pitch darkness all we can see is maybe twenty feet in front of us and the rest is dark,yet we keep going not knowing whats coming next and we dont even realize were doing it.But heaven forbid a change in life happens and we pretty much know what to expect and we freeze.Why do we do this?One of lifes great mysteries!!Just think about whats happened or may be different in your life.And it wouldnt be too off the wall to say that u may have had an eye-opening experience with your friends.Maybe you are going thru a realization that the people u call friends really arent youre friends.Maybe theyre just drinkin buddies or people u share interests with but thats it.I know when i moved to the country i realized i had no friends cuz they all stopped keeping in contact no matter how many times i called or texted it was always me initiating the talks.So i stopped to see how long it would take for them to call etc...and im still waiting and its been over 5 months.And its got me feeling empty and lonely but who needs people who u have to push and drag to do anything?I have my princess puppy-sierra to hang with and thats a true blessing!!!Dogs are the sh*t and I cant begin to even think about a day without her now.Hope i may have answered your question,if not i kept u busy for a few minutes listening to my mamba jamba long ass story full of worthless and random info!!! XD

even im going through this .. but i even wake up early in the morning having a burning sensation at the back of my head...it only goes away when i just get up and have a bath at once... later in day time i feel my head like its tight or numb.. sometimes im really ok but only for a short time...and at this point of time i feel no kind of emotions.. i can laugh ..still... but no emotional invvolvement in any kind of daily activitty frm talking working or even when recieving a social smile... pls pull me out !!!!!!!!!!!

yes even im emotionally numb... sometimes when i worry about it ..m head starts to pain at the back..or i feel my head numb or heavy n trying to stretch itself...i rise up late but since this..i wake up early usually after 5 hrs of sleep with a burning sensation at the back of my head and it only goes if i take a bath at once..it goes for 1 or 2 hours and then i feel my head heavy as if iv keept something in my head..some times im ok but i dont have any emotions..i dont feel involved in anythinig i do from talking to even giving a simple social smile..i. im worried .....doctor says its borderlinedeppression but i have no reasons to be depressed ..its 15 days with it.. doctor has given some medicines....should i take it...because such medicines have negative side effects..???? what should i do at this point of time.. i have no emotions to cry ..but this certainly painsss...

Im 11, I have never felt emotions. I dont know what a joke is so I dont know when to laugh, I barely smile, and alot more. I dont even knkw what happened. My mom says theyre starting to return as im also doing better in school. Ive learned that because of me nt feeling emotions I could kill someone without freaking out. I have learned to copy emotions so if the person next to me is angry so am I. My grandma died in front of me 2 years ago.