I had a total hysterectomy approx. 6 months ago. Everything is gone, ovaries, tubes, cervix and uterus. I have been having occasional lower abdominal pain and some slight bleeding. Why is this?

Hi! Any bleeding or spotting which occurs more the six to eight weeks post operatively is not considered normal. There may be issues regarding how your incisions are healing. Any vaginal bleeding can signal a serious problem, especially if the surgery was performed to remove a malignancy. Women who have undergone hysterectomy for cancer should have regular check ups and should report any bleeding or spotting immediately. Talk to your doctor.

Thanks so much for responding, I've made an appt for 2-11-2011

You're welcome. I'm glad you did. Let me know what your doctor found. I hope you'd get well soon.

Just got back from the Dr. She said it was granulation tissue, so she cauterized it with silver nitrate. She said it might sting a little but it wasn't bad at all.
Thanks and have a great day!

Hi! I'm glad that you've found the cause. I read that on most occasions, the appearance of granulation tissue is a good sign as it indicates that the body is trying to overcome the injury and is thus, healing. I hope that abdominal pain and bleeding are gone by now. :-)

My reason for full Hysterectomy was that i was bleeding heavily for over nine months non stop..Plus my womb was all twisted up.And during intercourse it was very painful..But here 6 months later i'm bleeding ..very light in color, and a feeling as if it is my period starting ..i got all the sign's..sore breast ..cramping..ect...very concerned

I had a total hysterectomy March 11th of this year. Still have my ovaries but I am having lower abdominal pain and lower back pain with spotting.

@April O just wondering what your credentials are. Are you a Dr. or a nurse?

I had a total hysterectomy 5months ago and I'm spotting, light in color but very present. Should I be concerned ? I'm 50 yrs old I had problems with cysts and extra long periods. I'm just bleeding when I drain my bladder and wide, hope that's not too much info. Thanks

What is imediatly? I started bleeding bright red like a period can I wait til morning to see a doctor?

i had a hysterectomy done in dec. of 2016 and im starting to bleed like im having a period now of sudden, it started after i had intercourse with my bf, but it is getting worse and we havent done anything since 4/28/2017. so what could be causing this and it is painful to go to the bathroom when im bleeding.

I’m done of hysterectomy in feb2017,I have an intercouse of my husband,feel hurt and have a spotting a little bit,it’s this ok or maybe inside still not healed?