Hi. I'm 27 year old female and two months ago I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.
After some testing my gynecologist determined that the cancer luckily didn’t spread on any other organ and that urgent surgical excision is needed. So, I had this operation done about month ago and operation really went well. But now-I have some other problems.
I started to suffer from bleeding and pain after my operation. Even, a small swelling is noticeable.
I don’t know what to do! Should this normally occur after this kind of operation and what could I do to relieve my symptoms?

Hi. I know some facts about this condition because my mother had this operation done about eight or nine years old and I have been nursing her all the postoperative time.
You see, I don’t know are you aware of the fact than some pain must occur after operation and it is caused by normal tissue healing. I can only suggest you to take some pain killers because my mother has been taking them all the time. You see, even swelling in some normal limits is normal product of operation and unavoidable tissue inflammation.
But if this swelling is expressed and accompanied with bleeding than you should contact your GP because it could be due to some bacterial infection. These infections are treated with high doses of strong antibiotics.

I had a partial hysterectomy in June 06 then four months after I had severe adominal pain like period pain and severe bleeding. I had to have an emergency surgery on October 17 06. Now 2 months after this surgery of a total hysterectomy with everything removed, I have pain, and I am bleeding. Had a sonogram, gyno is not sure why I am bleeding and I know this is not normal, but I am not sure what to do about it. If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome it. By the way, I am 40 yrs old.

Cherie

OKAY HERE IS MY STORY...I HAD A FULL VAGINAL HYSTERECTOMY IN SEPT 2006. TWO MONTHS LATER I WAS IN PAIN AND STARTED SPOTTING. THE DR THOUGHT IT WAS INFECTION AND PUT ME ON ANTIBIOTICS. WENT BACK IN A WEEK AND SHE FOUND GRANULATION TISSUE AT THE BASE OF THE VAGINA IS (THIS IS WHERE ALL MY GOODS CAME OUT AND WHERE THE INCISION WAS AFTER THE HYSTERECTOMY...IN A VAGINAL HYSTERECTOMY THE CERVIS IS REMOVED). SHE NUMBED ME IN THE OFFICE AND SNIPPED THE TISSUE OFF. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ONE MONTH LATER (THIS IS NOW 3 MONTHS AFTER THE SURGERY). AGAIN IT WAS GRANULATION TISSUE, THIS TIME IT WAS LARGER, SHE REMOVED IN HER OFFICE. SHE SAW ME AGAIN IN 5 WEEKS. THIS TIME THE TISSUE WAS THE SIZE OF A PEA AND NOW THERE WERE TWO. SHE NUMBED BOTH AREAS AND REMOVED IN HER OFFICE. ONE WEEK LATER I WENT IN AND I WAS FILLED WITH INFECTION. SHE TREATED AND SAW ME A WEEK LATER. THE INFECTION WAS GONE AND THERE WAS NO GRANULATION TISSUE. SHE THINKS THE PAIN MAYBE FROM ENDOMETRIOSIS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE VAGINA AND WANTS ME TO TAKE PROGESTERONE FOR 2 MONTHS TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY CHANGE.
FIRST OF ALL SHE SAID THIS WHOLE SCENARIO IS RARE, IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS OF PAIN, NOW TWO WEEKS SINCE THE LAST REMOVAL OF GRANULATION TISSUE SHE SAYS IT IS GONE AND WANTS ME TO TREAT THE PAIN FOR 2 MONTHS WITH HORMONES....HELP, I AM TIRED OF BEING STONED, FEELING PAIN AND NOT FEELING NORMAL, ETC??
HAS ANY ONE EVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS?? I CAN FIND VERY LITTLE ABOUT IT ON THE NET. I READ YOUR POST AND WONDERED IF YOU HAD ANY OF THE GRANULATION TISSUE???

:-( i understand what you are all going through i had a hysterectomy in october 2006 and since then im not better from the surgery(vaginal hysterectomy complete.) i have developed some g-tissue in the area have gone to the doctor office 2 and had it burned with nitrite and cut off and know im going to have surgery in two weeks to have it completely removed and hope that i feel better after worth and it doesnt come back. i have vary high hopes. all i want is to feel better and have the great sex i always had before surgery...by the way im 36years old. and feel tired of this.my husband is understanding but, i think he is getting tired of seeing me in pain. and having all these surgeries. oh well

I'm very concerned about this subject as well. I've had severe abdominal bloating for about 2 years or more. I've had so many tests. They finally found a very large fibroid behind my uterus and I had a hysterectomy. One ovary was left.

I lost 6 inches in my abdominal area and after i was finally healed from the surgery, about two months, I noticed that I was still having bloating. This bloating when occuring when i stood up. The longer I stood, the more bloating i had.

Then about 6 months ago, i noticed blood. I didn't pay too much attention to it because it was minimal and i figured I had an infection that would go away. One morning i woke up and had alot of blood like I had my period. Naturally I assumed it was in my urine since i had the hysterectomy.

So after a slew of more tests, one being a probe in my bladder and dye injected into my kidney's, my urologist told me he found nothing and said that the blood was most likely vaginal.

I have some pretty severe pain with this. I have to take percocet. At first the pain was up higher but now I've noticed it is near my ovary and whenever I go out, I bleed.

Does anyone has any idea what this could be. My hysterectomy was a year and a half ago so I'd think I would be all healed by now.

HELP please!

Hi femalehelp;

I also had a total a 1 1/2 years ago, anyways with me it is pretty much almost the same thing but worse when I move arond at all even if i lay down. Now this has been going on for a month with me. I fall down can't stand on my own I'm luck to be writing this letter as it is taking m along time. I'm diabetic as well kidney an liver issues so the dr's I have are not few to many. I have yet to tell anyone other than my husband this he wants me to go in as I should but I'm unsure if they will find anything at all sometime I thinkthe doc's know nothing at all nothing.

Let me know if you find anything out as I wll post here again if I can help anyone on here.

thanks for listening to my store :(

hey i just had a partcal hystorcestomy i had it june 25th and was in the hospital for 3 days went home on the 27th it went well and all but they took my staples out that hurt and trying to walk little by little i still have pain in the lower area where they did the cut and all it kinda burns at times and she told me i would lose a little inches but it seemed like i gained the weight but anyways then the other day i had the shakes and felt sick to my tummy didnt want to eat and throw up so didnt eat too much because if i still squat it hurts a bit i called the doctor for the shakes she asked me if i had a fever told her no and just a cough a little bit anyways thats what i got after my surgury seems like it takes forever to heal said i cant drive for 2 weeks or 6 weeks cant do anything and that my hubby cant leave me alone or i will pass out who know thanks fresha

Hi all.

I had a sub total hysterectomy in January 2006 after benign tumours and massive cysts on one of my ovaries and also a benign tumour in the wall of the uterus.

I sill have my ovaries (they saved them) and my cervix.

I have suffered Stage 4 endometriosis since I was a young girl and have gone thru more than 45 surgery's over the years...none of which had ever fixed he problem.

I also was diagnosed just before my hysto with adneomyosis in the uteru wall and fibroids. Non stop roller coaster ride.

Since my hysto I have had intermittent bleeding and discomfort. My doctor thought it may be the remains of my uterus cells causing a small 'period' once a month. I have had tests for cervical cancer including biopsies and nothing showed.

Presently after NO bleeding for a number of months, I am now bleeding again....red in colour at times, brown at other times, and more than usual plus I have low abdominal pain...almost like a period pain.....which I am not liking after all this time. I have also developed massive migrane headaches for three days and also breast tenderness.

It is becoming so uncomfortable and I am not sure if I should be worried about it or not.........but it certainly doesn't feel normal.

Any suggestions guys.

thanx

Keri

I'm 25 and I had a... well, not sure exactly. My uterus and cervix are all I have left. My ob/gyn put me on Prempro about a month after my last surgery. Unfortunately, I'm rather poor and even with insurance the meds cost $30/mo. I'd heard that Estroven was a good product, and that the HRTs docs prescribe tend to make you gain weight. Being already overweight, after the month of meds was up, I bought the significantly cheaper meds. Was on them for 2 days and I started cramping. by day 4 I was having a period. Broke down and bought the Prempro again, on day 2 tonight. The pain I'm having is like period pain, but it's only to one side of my abdomen--that's what concerns me the most. When they went in to remove the ovary i had left they had to remove a lot of endometriosis from around everything including the bowel. I'm hoping now that i'm back on these meds the symptoms will clear up, but not sure if i should call the doc now or wait.

I am a 39 year old female who just went through a hysterectomy myself and it has been three weeks and I still am in alot of pain and still am bleeding just like I was before the surgery. My doctor said there was nothing else he could do for me and I am concerned is this pain normal this long after the surgery. I have trouble sleeping due to the pain.

I have had the same things. I had my vaginal partial hysterectomy last October...since then I have had cramping, pain, and bleeding. I had been before and was told I might have a cyst on my ovaries that were left. I left and then today I went back and was told I had Granulation tissue...this is tissue that grows on the scar inside the vaginal cuff. She clipped it off and then add nitrate that would caterize the area. I have since had pain, bleeding, and bad cramping from this. She thinks I will have to have it done again. I hope not!! If it doesn't get better then they have to do a vaginal cuff repair. Have you asked your doctor about this?

Hi I am 29 and I had my hysterectomy at 28..it has been 7 months since my surgery. Everything including cervix is gone but my left ovary (doctor's suggestion) I am still unfortunately in serious pain. I have to take pain meds a few times a day. I definitely sympathize w/ all of u b/c I as well am quite sick of this. I have 5 kids and I have to be on my feet constantly and I don't have the option to just sit and put my feet up. I have had some major swelling going on in my abdomen and in my thighs and feet.. My pain is very much in the pelvic area and flows down into my thighs. The hysterectomy was very much needed but at the same time...it was being done to eliminate my pain...I had ALOT of damage and cobwebbed scar tissue everywhere..my bladder was attached to my uterus by overlapping webs of tissue and my intestines had some major adhesions as did my right ovary (very large cyst on it) and I felt like a truck was just running over me and the hysterectomy was supposed to eliminate it...well not the case. Im in as much pain if not worse at this point and the doctor says there's not much else he can do to help me. I'm quite sick of surgeries as well. This was my 8th one and it left a hidious scar on my abdomen...would have been worth it if my pain disappeared. Needless to say I am in the same boat as most of u.

It is not normal to bleed after a hysterectomy.  Get it checked.  If that doctor says it's nothing, go a different doctor.  I struggled with the same symptoms for 3 years - bloating that gradually got worse, feeling "off", bleeding, then trouble holding my bladder and a 12 pound weight gain in three months.  Had many tests for my kidneys, liver, etc. One doctor said it was IBS.  But IBS does not cause bleeding. I looked at photos of myself from a couple years ago and was shocked at the change.  New doctor: To say she was alarmed is an understatement.  She immediately scheduled an abdominal ultrasound and extensive bloodwork - said do not wait because symptoms like this are concerning.  I'm going in next week and am relieved to finally have a doctor who gets it. I am 47 and think that because I'm not over 50, other docs may have been dismissive.  Don't ever talk yourself out of going to a doctor for fear of there being nothing wrong, and trust your "gut". Doctors are there for a reason - to diagnose and treat.  Be persistent.  You know your body.

My problem is same as yours but today suddenly I had blood spots after 8 months of hysterectomy. I had an MRI of the whole abdomen done a week ago and everything was normal.

I am totally confused. Somebody please help me.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use