This morning, approximately two years after a total hysterectomy and oophorectomy, I noticed fresh blood (slight, but definite) discharge on my toilet paper. It was from the vaginal area, not the urethra.

Why would this happen?

Hello! Have a look at the following links, you will find similar situations and appropriate answers!

https://www.steadyhealth.com/Bleeding_7_years_after_Hysterectomy_t65976.html
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Bleeding_And_Spotting_6_Months_After_Hysterectomy_t57678.html

I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs. ago (kept my ovaries) after a bladder lift 2 yrs prior because of the bleeding post bladder-lift. I have been bleeding every since the bladder lift. They say I'm allergic to the gortex they put in to hold everything up - but after 3 surgeries they can't find it and have no more help for me. I've worn a pad for the past 11 yrs. and am so tired of smelling unclean very day. I've gone to 3 different doctors, 2 urologists, and 1 gyn-urologiest. They say my problem is not life-threatning and I should just live with it. My gyn-urologist says he could refer me to the top doctors on the east coast - one in Philadelphia and one in NY, but all they would want to do is operate on me again. I have alot of scar tissue and my vaginal wall is thin from the surgeries and I'm afraid what may come if I try again. I'm 55 yrs old and can't fathom living with this for the rest of my life. Where do I turn and to whom? I appreciate any help you can give to me. Thank you. D. Billig

Hey... I was googling today because I had noticed some bleeding tosay. It was a scant amount, but bleeding just the same. I don't have cramps, or poor sex drive, but it does take me some time to get aroused... Anyone experience this symptom?

Sounds to me like you two who have bleeding since your surgery could use a visit to John F. Dulemba of Denton Texas.
He has been my Gyno since I was 16.. ( I am 40 now) He is an excellent Dr. and has more recognitionsand plaques hanging in his office than I got as a teen track star lol ) He is ( or was not sure if he still is ) Top Fertility Specialist, Head of all kinds of bords in Denton Medicine Field, I just looked him up and found this :

Memberships:
AAGL
AAPS
DC Medical Society
SLS
T Medical Association

Medical & Undergraduate Education
Medical School:
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Graduated: 1982

Residency Hospital:
West Penn Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Year completed: 1986

Research Conditions Related to Obstetrics & Gynecology
Endometriosis, HPV, PMS, Pregnancy

State License:
Texas
Years Since Graduation:28
Age:62
Gender:Male

I am confident that he could help you both.

Address & Contact Information:
Womens Center
3304 Colorado Blvd #101
Denton, TX 76210
(940) 387-6248

I had a full hysteretomy 5-15-08, so 2 yrs ago due to ovarian and cervical cancer. he last month or so, I've had dark red discharge, and blood in panties so much that I've had to start wearing panty liners. I don't have insurance so everything I go to the doc for is self pay. I havent had sexual intercourse in over 6mnths b-c its so painful. Should I make an appt with gyno? Or is this normal post surgery? I just turned 28 so should still have sex drive but the pain scares me away from it. Please leave any comments and help on this! Thanks Jennifer ? ? ? %-) %-)

anonymous wrote:

I had a

So, here is my story. 31 years old. Had complete upper/lower lift done 2 years ago, 4 weeks after giving birth. Nothing else. Here of late, I'd say the last 6 months. My periods have been very heavy, huge clots(quarter size) almost the whole 5 days, and I've had odor the entire 2 years ...before, during and after my period. Now I feel like my lower has dropped, needing to "push" things in the right direction. I don't have insurance anymore, but I don't know what to do. I also have an IUD, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I want to know if there is some sort of warranty? Not sure if my doctor used the recalled tape or not. Please help.

why would i have vagina bleeding after a total hysterectomy a year ago

I am having pain and a moderate amount of bleeding two years after my total hysterectomy. What is going on???

go and see your gyno. Dont read any blogs - just get the experts advice. I did and all is fine.

I had a partial hyst 1 1/2 yrs ago. Still have left ovary, tube and cervix. I have had slight bleeding since. I have however, noticed it is only when I am dehydrated. i drink a lot of water and it goes away.

I had a hysterectomy ( fallopians, uterus, cervix and ovaries removed) November 2012. In April 2013 I had a ventral double incisional repair done. It was open but the incisions were only about two inches. I suffer from horrible pelvic pain and frequent ab pain plus mind boggling fatigue. I use an HRT patch. I was wondering if there are any ideas I can take to the dr this week as yo what can be causing it. I feel I should be further along. Or maybe not put a time limit on it.

If your cervix was left you can have bleeding from it during normal cycles but still have it looked at by your gynocologist.

You might want to call Dana Farber in Boston MA. They partner with Brigham and Women's and people go there from all over the world. Best Drs around. Good Luck.