For some time now, I have been experiencing bleeding after having a bowel movement. In reviewing your current information, I have found that mine is definitely different. Since 1991, due to ulcer disease, portions of my stomach have been removed. In 2003, I had a total gastrectomy (I had only a small amount of tissue remaining at that time). In Jan 2006, a Bariatric Surgeon revised my jejunostomy and repaired my small bowel. To date, either I have blood in my stools or am vomiting (even water). Due to the seven surgeries, I have become quite anemic. I give myself B-12 injections twice per month and am currently getting iron infusions every eight weeks. My Primary Care Physician has requested that I see a Hematologist/Oncologist team for further work up because the iron infusions are not really helping. Earlier this week, I met with a Hematologist and several vials of blood were taken and I had my scheduled infusion. The Hematologist recommended infusions weekly for the next five weeks which I have scheduled. After my last infusion, I was still so exhausted that I end up sleeping 12 hours per night and nap 2 hours during the day. I can't go on like this. Now, I am finding blood on the tissue after having a bowel movement. There is no straining when having the bowel movement -- in fact, it is rather loose. Please give me any insight on suggestions, comments, and/or solutions to assist me in my daily life. Thank you for your assistance.

I am 60 years old and have red blood after bowel movements. The red blood is seen in the toilet and on the toilet paper. I am also having low back pain. I do not have constipation. In fact I have soft to normal bowel movements. Please help me to understand this.

I have had blood with and after bowel movements, today, there were drops of blood literally dripping (20-30) after pooping. I have had this once happen to me but it was when i was 19. I am 35 years old, generally speaking healthy. I have been working alot in the sun on rooftops, if I was extremely dehydrated, would this be a possible cause?