I had sex Sunday night and afterwards thought I had started my period five days early because there was an excessive amount of bright red blood on both of us and some got on the sheets. I put a tampon in but when I took it out the next day, there was only a small amount of brownish blood. It is now Wednesday and I am not supposed to start until tomorrow but I haven't bled again since Sunday night. Could it have been implantation bleeding or a vaginal tear?

I had something similar last week, except it was four days after my expected period. I'm still not for sure what it was. Ive considered a possible cyst that ruptured, though I didn't cramp at all when I bled. I've had cysts before and I can tell the difference in cramps. I've never had one rupture but I'm told its painful. Could you maybe have had a cyst?