Hello. I'm 23 year old female and recently I have experienced one thing that I've never seen before.
Just in time when I should ovulate I have noticed a small amount of blood on my toilet paper. I was very confused, because, like I said, it has never happened to me before.
I just want to add that I'm sexually active for more then several years and that I use protection all the time. Please can someone help me to determine what could caused this ovulation bleeding?
Is this some normal thing to experience or I should be worried over this?

Hello. I would really like to help you and that’s why you must listen carefully. This ovulation bleeding occurs in most cases when we are talking about possible pregnancy.
It is also caused implantation bleeding because it occurs after the egg cell implanted on the uterine wall. In this case- bleeding is rather light and pinkish. I suggest you to immediately do some home pregnancy test just to be sure. One more thing- in rare cases women can also experience this ovulation bleeding and pregnancy doesn’t have to be the cause. In this case, blood is extremely thin, almost looks like its thinner than water! I really don’t know how to explain this but it happens.

HI, I just turned 19 years old. I am sexually active with my boyfriend of two years now. I have recently over the past year dropped about 30 pounds in weight. I've began to notice, that i had slight spotting during ovulation for the past two months. However, yesterday i began two bleed a lot more than normal and it wasn't a pinkish color either. It is kind of a darker brownish color. My boyfriend two weeks ago, ejaculated inside me. What could this mean?I don't think I'm pregnant, however, it might be a possibilty.

KIm

If you are noticing this bleeding 2 weeks after sex, then chances are you are pregnant. If you are a normal healthy female w/ no history of cervical or uterine problems. Sex+Sperm+Ovulation=Pregnancy

okay, i would just like to add that thers nothing wrong with bleeding during ovulation. sometimes it happens. there are other sites that explain this better. But, to the first poster, this does not mean you are pregnant. Don't mix up ovulation bleeding and implantation bleeding, they are not the same thing.

Hello. What does it mean when you have slight bleeding during ovulation on the day after you have sex?

bleeding during ovulation doesn't necessarily mean you are having implantation bleeding. I read that it is because you are very very fertile at that time. i could also be a drop in estrogen levels in your body.

Guest wrote:

okay, i would just like to add that thers nothing wrong with bleeding during ovulation. sometimes it happens. there are other sites that explain this better. But, to the first poster, this does not mean you are pregnant. Don't mix up ovulation bleeding and implantation bleeding, they are not the same thing. [/quote

Hi I am 26 years old. Single but have sturdy plans to get married soon. I had (unprotected and unplanned and rather rough) sex during what I believe is my ovulation period (day13). I had bleeding after 2 days from the day I had sex. The bleeding is about 2-3 drops of blood and it only drops everytime I pee (because I can't see drops in my liner). I also experienced a bit of stabbing pain everytime I pee (feels like UTI but I'm not sure given I had sex). After 2 days, the bleeding stops but the subtle pain while peeing still continues. I am also confused because I now have frequent trips to pee than the usual. I read an article that frequent urinating is a sign of pregnancy but this does not shows up until almost 6 weeks to pregnancy. Anyone had similar experience I have? There are too many articles on ovulation bleeding and implantation bleeding that confuses me more. Is it possible that what I experience is ovulation bleeding and still get pregnant?

If you have to pee a lot and it hurts when you pee, you have a UTI. Drink cranberry juice and it should solve things. But the rough sex could have been enough to irritate things down in your lady parts. Don't worry- drink the juice and do a test in 2 weeks if you haven't gotten your period, just to be sure.

@ Newbie, I don't think what you're experiencing sounds like ovulation bleeding. I dated a guy (rather larger than average) and we had "rougher sex". I had the same symptoms you describe (even after quite a while together). Sometimes the problem is nothing more than a little extra lubrication. Hope that's it.

Why would you respond when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about???

OVULATION bleeding is NOT an indicator of pregnancy! Women often form tiny cysts when follicles are developing. These cysts rupture with or very soon after ovulation and produce progesterone to help with implantation and early pregnancy. Sometimes the release of the follicle or the rupturing of the cyst will cause a small amount of bleeding (KNOWN as ovulation bleeding). This is NOT to be confused with implantation bleeding. IMPLANTATION doesn't occur until 8-12 days after ovulation if an egg is fertilized! You do not have to have any bleeding with ovulation to get pregnant, and likewise bleeding with ovulation is not a SIGN of pregnancy at all.

THAT said...bleeding midcycle can be an indicator of other issues. STD's, infections, cervical cancer cells. Anytime you have unexplained bleeding you should mention it to your Dr. and have it checked. Better to be safe than sorry.

In my case bleeding in between cycles worried me so I went to the Dr. When she examined me I knew something was wrong when she got quiet and there was a lot of blood on the swab. They had me do further testing ASAP. I was diagnosed with the level 3 of HPV..the very stage before cervical cancer. I was treated and things have been good. I suggest to anyone who at any time has been highly sexually active and didn't use a condom EVERY TIME,or have a spouse or boyfriend who has been known for cheating...get checked for anything that is not right with your who who! It can be carried from one person to another and yes even a guy can carry it. They may not have cheated on you but they may have an ex that was infected. HPV for those who don't know is a form of wart..in the wart family. I have even heard of cases where it can be transmitted to the mouth in cases of the sex partner being infected. Oral sex is not a great idea unprotected either. Be careful and remember anyone will tell you they love you to get what they want..

I know this is an old post but I wanted to answer anyway.

I'm not sure why quite a few people said you could be pregnant. You said you use protection and even though it can fail sometimes, it doesn't necessarily mean you are pregnant.

First of all, implantation bleeding is hardly even noticeable. Implantation bleeding would start a week to a few days before expected period. Not when you're supposed to be ovulating.

It could just mean you were very fertile, or your hormones could have been messed up.

hello me and my boyfriend started having sex after my period witch ended on the 2nd of October and also had sex 5th 6th and 7th of October and my first day of ovulation was the 8th. and well today is the last of my ovulation witch is the 13th of October. and i have missed a week in my birth control for Monday to Saturday witch is today. well i have started bleeding a little i noticed it when i went to the bathroom this morning.i never notice bleeding ever when i ovulate. 

can anyone help me with this and let me know whats going on??

Hi I'm havin the same problem I had intercourse Sept 3 my lmp sept 26 I had intercourse with my ex octo10or 11 my due date July 3