Yep, I don't know what is wrong. I haven't had a period since the end of November it is now the end of January. I went to the dr last week because I was having severe side pains. The did several urine test including a preg test. The tests came back normal and neg for the preg test. I went of the pill in November and we have been using condoms religiously. We are not trying to conceive and am wondering if I should push for blood work and an ultra sound. Right now I am cramping real bad. I usually wake up hundry and with a headache. I am also very tired.
Any advise would be appreciated.

How old are you? How were your periods before this occurred? Your symptoms sound like PMDD. But that usually happens BEFORE a period. If you are near 30 years old it could also possibly be peri menopause. Have your doctor check hormone levels. Too much testosterone, too much estrogen, too little estrogen or too little progesterone could be causing your problems. Generally a cyst on an ovary can cause hormone levels to change and pain. Even a tiny cyst can do it. Cysts are not uncommon but can cause hormone issues. I had tiny cysts that were not causing hormone issues but after many tests found that my pituitary was producing too much testosterone which is hereditary. I ended up getting the IUD Mirena which has all but stopped my periods and the hemorrhaging i was having because of the hormone changes. Mirena has progesterone and lasts 5 years. It has been a year and no side effects or weight gain. Also, when my doctor tried to put me on a birth control to stop the bleeding that had estrogen it made me bleed more. So the first thing i would do is get hormone levels checked. It sounds like you could possibly have cysts. And see about your blood pressure. I'm sure your doctor checked but it can be the cause for headaches. Having hormones checked would also verify that you are not pregnant. I hope this helps someone.

A word of advice...If you ever want to have kids or a normal period again. DO NOT USE MARINA!!! I had Marina inserted in november of 2009 and it was hell. I had spotting, back pain, and not to mention horribul mood swings. So I had the little devil removed. For those of you who don't know after Marina is removed you could possibly not be fertal for six months after it is removed. I had it removed in Febuary at the begining of the month. Now I am going threw more hell because my system is so confused it dosn't know what to do. I have sore breasts, no blood just cramps, back pain, bloating, headaches, discharge, tired all the time, and I am gaing wait fast. I have taken several pregnancy tests and all negitive. So all I can tell you is stay away from marina, try the pill or depo if you need a contraseption and call your doctor and get a blood test to make sure your not pregnant. If that test is negitive,get the ultra sound. Don't tolerate this garbage with your doctor scaring you or putting you off or pushing you on a piece of equiptment (maria) that they get buco bucks to inject in your system. If your paying there pay check, make sure they are taking care of you.

Ok I was reading this and the thing with merina is untrue. I got mirena inserted Oct of 07 not periods no probs hubby and I decided TTC and had modems removed Feb 22nd 2012 goty first period on the 24 th of Feb and found out I am pregnant 4 and 4days..you can conceive quickly after merina all depends on your body.