I have blood pressure spikes when I am sleeping, it wakes me up and then I can't go back to sleep for hours. I am monitoring my BP because my doctor wants to put me on BP medication. In the doc office it was 175/110 - I pretty much run in the normal range at home, a little on the high side. The worst is when I'm asleep and it can spike to the 140's over 105 or so. Also have some chest pain and neck pain, and sometimes can feel my pulse in my neck beating really hard, also having stomach issues with bubbly gurgling sounds. No appetite. What could be causing the spikes and should I succumb to the meds?

Trisha,
I have the same issues but I had cardiac arrest last month and this started 3 weeks ago. I hope somebody has an aswer for us. Let me know if you've found anything.

after taking my blood pressure meds before sleep; I wake up with
blood pressure at 185/95; previous to taking meds my pressure is
100/60. I guess is the mere fact that I am in the sleeping position and
its nighttime. What is happening. Mark

Aside from the environmental, dietary, etc. factors , blood pressure will increase exclusive of any outside factors at specific time periods in the day and night.
I believe it is around 4 am and possibly in the early afternoon. Whether yours is out of the range i am not sure but if you look into it, no matter what your reading is at any time of the day, i believe it will go up alot at or around these time periods.