Hello, folks. My kidneys suffer from chronic renal failure and it seems that I will have to go to hemodialysis. I know that I will have to go to a special center for that. I would like to know how often I must receive hemodialysis. I would really appreciate all your replies and suggestions.

Hello. It all depends on how your kidneys are. If they in better condition, you will have to go to dialysis center less. But the most often one goes is three times per week with each visit for about three to four hours of dialysis. There are some special methods of dialysis. One is nocturnal dialysis. It is done in your home, while you sleep by night for about three or four nights per week. Other one is daily-home dialysis. It is performed five or six times a week with two to three hour sessions. In any case, you should consult about this with your doctor. Good luck!