Constantly, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't open my eyes. I feel they are so itchy, and then I scratch them for hours and only manage to worsen the condition. It feels sometimes like I have some foreign body inside, sand or a hair. I stand in front of the mirror for hours, but I can't see any bloody thing… How can I help myself? Should I see a doctor first?

You can't cure yourself. You ought to see an ophthalmologist. It is possible that you have a chronic dry eye (keratoconjunctivitis sicca). Its cause is a dysfunction of the lachrymal glands. Symptoms include: difficulty opening the eyes after sleeping, feeling of dryness of eyes, the need to blink constantly, itching or burning, irritation, and also that foreign body sensation you have mentioned. You should do Schirmer test, which measures ocular moisture. The most often, doctors prescribe artificial tears. Remember, if left untreated, conjunctivitis can damage the delicate tissues of the eye’s surface, which may lead to impaired vision.