for the last few months my eyes have been really painful, my eyelids and below my eyes are swollen and wont stop peeling, they crack and burn so bad, My eyes feel like theyre always dry, but theyre actually watery. My tears burn my skin and eyes and it is EXCRUCIATING. It hurts so bad, it's as if I have acidic tears. My eyes are itchy and always feel like something is in both of them. the doctors gave me a cream, 'Alcon Maxidez- sterile ophthalmic ointment and Rexacrom eyedrops.

if you use the computer a lot, try to limit that and see if it helps

thanks, i have worked out that i am allergic to red food colouring and thats what causes it

just been trawling through the net and looking at other people who had the same problem as me sore swollen eyes peeling at times bags under my eyes and my tears burnt my skin  sometimes a rash on my neck   well 2 months ago I was so down I began to keep a diary and guess what I have discovered I am allergic to pepper yes I used it most days  I have cut it out and feel great and all symtoms have disapeared i have been using double base gel to try and bring my eyes and surounding area back to normal the colour is now the same as the rest of my face as before they were red and inflamed hope this is of some help stop pepper now and see how you get on I also feel alot better I feel it may have caused me to be a bit depressed too I honestly feel so much better and the puffiness is away from my face too I am now back to having a sparkle in my eyes and my skin is in alot better condition than its been for a long time hope this is of a bit of help to you let me know how you get on please am so interested

i have the same issue too! i hate it sorry try cetaphil lotion it makes ur skin really soft

Perhaps a strange consideration... I don't know I you have been through any emotionally painful situations but I know spiritually tears release the emotional pain and the emotional toxins from the body. This may not help to explain your own situation. As a First Nations person I was taught by elders that you never stop someone from crying and you never get their tears on you. The body has a lot of amazing unexplained reactions and I believe this one to be true. Recently I had also heard of a study where tears from someone who cried from a painful situation were fed to a rats in very small doses and they died! Believe it or not, many spiritual nations believe tears carry toxins.

Wow, I had never thought of that. You are right. Thank you for your post. Always awesome to learn new things.

I have the same condition, and it healed after 3 weeks, but the opthamologist didn't discuss the redness, scaling skin, burning skin, and tears burning skin. Said the condition was "pink eye" but my eyes were not really pink. However they felt dry, like yours, and were painful, as if sand were in them. Seems to be related to eating foods high on the acid side...when eating lots of alkaline foods, the infection is more easily controlled.

Are you serious? Where would I find more information on this and how would I get it to stop then? This very much interest me because this just started about dec 2014, when I started crying several time a day after my son passed away in sept, but I just cried much more starting dec and it gets worse when I cry, if I dint cry for days it starts to clear up but that's only happened a few days , I need to get the burn, dry red stinging to stop though.

I am currently having the exact same problem it sounds like since late january. How did you figure out you were allergic to red food coloring? I am currently being tested for chemicals but I think it might be food related

my son passed 34 days ago, have been crying most all day every day. ( thankful to work in a room alone away from others and public) James is 32 with wife and 2 kids . I don't know how I move from day to day. read on here of the 1st nations person, sounds rather true.

Interesting point, I made a half hearted joke today that my skin burned because I was crying tears of bitterness. I'm considering a divorce after 25 years. Tears of resentment, frustrating,betrayal have been flowing. Due to the stress I've neglected my diet and I think I've become acidic as well.

I have had the same skin condition with my eyes for over a year now. I've learned tears are chemically differrent depending on how they are produced. They are indeed toxic when we are stressed or harboring feelings of resentment from betrayal. Trying to feel better and move forward so i will look normal again!

I am so grateful for you message .I realized while reading it that my similar symptoms started after a crying bout. Incredible grief, pain,stress, fears. My tears are toxic I have thought this before. I need to know a way to clear the internal without causing more damage externally.

You are definitely onto something! When looking at tears from different types of crying, scientist saw that they were all different!