For almost two weeks now, I have had bloody mucus in my stools, which have been considerably loose. I have very active bowel sounds after I eat, and once I go to the bathroom, the urgency increases for about 30 minutes. The best way that I can describe the stool is that sometimes it just has a bloody mucus on it (not bright red), but other times it seems like it's just bloody sediment coming out (again, not bright red, but also not dark/black). I haven't had any abdominal cramping or pain with my BMs, and I haven't lost any weight. Also, I'm only 21 yrs old. I know I should go see a GI doctor, but I was really trying to wait this out. Any suggestions of what to do (otc treatment)/what this could be?

Celebrity
Try looking up colitis. See if your syptoms match up. I no a little about it but not much.

Hey, I'm having exactly the same symptoms. Went to my general physician who evaluated me...ended up telling me he simply thought the "red" was undigested food. I've taken a VERY close look at my stool and it's definitely blood. He told me if it continues for 2 more weeks to go see a gastroenterologist. Was hoping you might be able to tell me if you ever found out what was going on?