i've been pooping out blood lately and my anus itches a lot. today i noticed i tried to go poop and nothing came out but blood and mucus...someone please help me as soon as possible...i dont know what this could be. i think it might be blocking any poop that should becoming out.

This could be any number of things ranging from semi-serious to life threatening. But regardless, you do not want to f around with these symptoms. You need to get to a doctor immediately and they will perform the necessary tests to determine what is causing this. Blood in the stool is NEVER a good thing. Please do not put it off, for your sake.

how do you know if theres blood in your stool?

how do u know if there is blood in ur stool??? well clearly if there is something that looks like blood on ur tp or in ur toliet then u have it...cmon really did we need to ask that question?

drink a bottle of grape juice then you'll be fine you broke a vaine!

Some people did not rip a vein. i knowi didn't. i have had a problem with going to the bathroom for 2 years now and the doctors told me its just that i need to poop on a regular basis. I did ask my doctor that same question, "Do you think i tore a wein?" he said no. So idk... i'm trying to get as many opinions as i can.

the lining of your intestine is bleeding

okay there are a number of reasons why you would have blood in your stool it could be because you tore the lining in your colon there is also something called crohns disease you could have polyps it could be a number of things but the fact that you see mucus shows that you have some sort of bacteria in your intestinal tract and might need to be put on antibiotics...

Welll my 13 yearold daughter has been going through major stomach problems for 3 years now.She has had her gallbladder removed in January of 2006. and she recently had a 10 hour surgery to reconstruct her intestinal tract and biliary route. there has been many times where there has been blood in my stool just like you have had. She has been diagnosed with Diverticulitis and she has had a section of her colon taken out. I recommend you get a stool sample because another reason she has had rectal bleeding and mucousy stools is from an inffection in her large intesting called C-diffcile. It can be deadly if you have it for a long period of time. It may also be Chrons Disease. But you can never be too sure my daughter has stage 3 Colon cancer so you DEFFINATELY want yo get checked out for that!!!! NO JOKE.
I hope you take all of this information into consideration and get a doctor/ gastroenterologist Pronto. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

my daughter 15 has had a lot of the same problems. but they done all these test.and her doctor says not to worry about her bleeding. i`m sorry when the toilets full of blood and is on the paper when she wipes. theres something going on. her stomach hurts all the time ,she says when she goes it like her body goes into shock.and now she starting to feel light headed a lot . i`ve taken her to the hospital er the time there was so much blood and that doctor said there was a lot of swelling and redness in her rectum .and that she need to have more test . but her doctor would have to do those. well her doctor says no she don`t need those test. i`m looking for another doctor.but theres just not any around here in pediatric. and the others tell me they wont see her till she 18. someone please help me!!!

I have this strange feeling that i need to go to the toilet so bad as if i have diohrrea, but when i go. i cant get it out, so i push and my stomach hurts and almosts makes me sick. Does anyone else knows what this could be? id be really greatful as i am worried about it. thanks

in response to the person looking for a doctor for their daughter: just because one doctor is ignoring the need for tests doesn't mean others will. There are plenty of general practitioners if you live in the US. If you don't...you just have to find someone who will take her, most doctors dont have to be a child's doctor to agree to take a child. If ALL else fails in getting another doctor, which it shouldn't, demand the tests from the doctor who says shedoesnt need them. Say you are very concerned and you'd like to be safe and get them done, pick his brain for answers as to why this is happening and why he's not concerned, don't let them just give you one word answers and be on their way because to a lot of doctors its just a job, peoples lives aren't necessarily looked at in the same way.

Hope this helps.

also i saw that you said there are no other pediatrics near you, why not go back to the same place where they said you needed the tests to take the tests...if its a hospital iim sure they can do it.

When I was 16, I had those same symptoms/problems. I had been to doctor after doctor, then I finally went to a proctologist and had a colonoscopy done. They then diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis, in which my Mother also has. I would definately take her to another doctor and find the right one... I lost 15 lbs because I was so sick and there was A LOT of blood in the toilet when I used the bathroom. It was scary. Once I had turned 18, I had to go to a specialist because like you said, they wouldn't take pediatrics. By then, I had it all under control on my own, by adjusting my diet, and I still do. I am now on medications to control it and the blood has gone away. It only comes back with certain foods I eat and stress which is a major factor. But at least now, I have a specialist I can call if I have problems. If I were you, I would ask the doctor to consider Ulcerative Colitis, Colitis or Crohns or like someone else had said, Diverticulitis/osis. I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK! : )

zette

You need to go to an gastrointerologist ASAP...IMMEDIATELY. Even if you have to go to the waiting room and REFUSE to leave until your daughter is seen.

Your pediatrician is HORRIBLE