I am 16 years old and I have a problem. I have noticed my body produces odor that smell ugly. First I had chance to see it few years ago, but now I realized that must be some problem with me. Can you tell me more about this body odor, could it be normal situation? Why this is happening to someone and some friends of mine did not experience this problem.

Perspiration, or sweat, is part of your body's cooling mechanism and the main reason for body odor. Water on your skins surface evaporates and helps cool you down, which is very important mechanism. However, sweat itself does not actually smell, the odor is caused by bacteria. That bacterium is placed on your skin releasing unpleasant-smelling natural chemicals. However, thanks to puberty, sweat glands become more active than before you were a teenager. That is normal that you notice this odor under your arms or armpits. Your feet and your genitals might also have new smells as well, that produced this strange body odor. The best way to keep clean and prevent strong body odor is to bathe or shower every day using a mild soap or body wash and warm water. This will help wash away any bacteria that contribute to the smells and causing this embarrassing problem. Taking a shower is the best way to get your whole body clean because you are washing under running water, as well as wearing clean clothes, socks, and underwear each day.