Hi. I have this problem for a while. I always had slightly oily hair, but recently it became very bad. I could literally feel the oily smell coming from my hair and skin. I also feel that my sweat is bit oily. Few days ago my 13 year old son told me I smell like an old person. This shocked me, not much my son's comment, but the fact that this smell is indeed an old person smell. How this could be possible? I'm 39 and looking a lot younger for my age.  I've been using same shampoos and soaps for years, and they did well before. I'm showering every day, I'm using perfumes, but this oily, stale smell prevails after some time. Can you tell me what is causing this? Am I really getting old or there is a other cause for this smell?

Hi. well, as people grow older they may emit certain odors labeled as "old man" smell. It's connected with how much of body oils we produce. Some people have it more than others.Using a strong anti-perspirant deodorant won't help. Although it might stop excessive sweating which can sometimes contribute to bad odor, it might just cover the musty smell temporarily, but the odor won't disappear completely. Change of diet may help to reduce toxins from the body. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, also lean proteins, dairy and all kind of nuts. Avoid junk food and processed foods. Some foods can be particularly problematic, such as spicy foods such as garlic, curry, etc. Strong spices can be noticeable in sweat too. Limiting consumption of spice foods may help reduce the body smell. Exercise a lot, because it helps you flushing out toxins through sweat. You can also use wet wipes throughout the day to get rid of smell. Try exfoliating skin. It's not just a girl thing. ;) If you're embarrassed to buy exfoliating products, you can try adding baking soda with soap. It absorbs odors and help you exfoliate dead cells that may cause bad oily smell. Put the soap on to soapy washcloth or sponge and lightly exfoliate your face and body.

OK Ok ok! This problem did a number on me too. It is so distressing and depressing! Anyways, l am so excited to announce that for the last week or so, this rancid cheesy smell between my lower lip and chin as well as on the sides of my nostrils has just vanished (for good l hope!). I checked again just now... nothing! Yay!

See, l think l was chronically dehydrated... dehydrated for the longest time. When you are dehydrated, your body struggles to function normally, especially with toxin and waste removal/disposal. Your pee is concentrated and it stinks, and because you have a lot of toxins in you, the body begins to utilize other avenues to try and get rid of these. For instance, l think that because the body knows that you do not have enough water in you regularly, it will engage the services of the lungs and the skin as a way of getting rid of toxins whereas normally, it would have only had to use the kidneys and the colon to deal with issues. Another thing is that dehydration in itself can cause an increase in oil production which is why i think that even after a shower, your body is still producing that stinky oil (so l think) so it doesn't matter how many times you shower, you will still stink within minutes of taking that shower anyway. Yup, l have been there. When your skin cells are inadequately hydrated, the body tries to protect you by producing that extra oil. And unfortunately, because your body is laden with toxins and is now using the skin as a route to rid itself of these, the oil produced is stinky! l doubt that this is a bugs issue (bacteria). Us sufferers shower more that the average person!

l know myself, l have always hated drinking water. l went for far too long drinking inadequately. Recently, l checked out forums on drinking water and realized that a lot of people simply weren't drinking enough water... for whatever reason! So, about two weeks ago, in a bid to try and improve my health, l started drinking more water. l made sure (still do) that each and every day, l consume at least 2 litres of water. This not including tea or any other beverage. Those are just extras or bonuses. 2 litres of water every day! without fail!

And guess what, l was right! That smell... Gone! i know people talk about Milk Thistle etc. l tried it. it didn't work for me. l don't remember how long l took it for but people often say it's so amazing it works in just a few days. l did not get to experience that. l really hate taking pills too! l believe that the body was designed to heal itself if given what it basically needs. So first things first! Pills should be a last resort.

My message to you is this: if you are still suffering, you are not alone but ASK yourself this - Am l drinking enough water? if YES then my solution will not help you. But if NO then l urge you to get 2 litres of water into you (not counting other beverages) each and every single day without fail for at least two weeks. You have nothing to lose but some happiness to gain if l am correct. Eat healthy as much as you can (fruits and veges, salads etc) and do some moderate exercises to get things going even faster. If it doesn't work for you then l am sorry, its something else. But take this fluid challenge as a way of eliminating possible causes. What l did is working for me, it might work for you too. It could all be so simple. l would love to hear your results as well so keep me and others posted.