In the last few months, I've noticed that my right arm pit has developed an odor to it. I never really had to wear deodorant in my life without doing something to build up a good sweat. But I always did notice that my right arm pit did sweat a little more than my left, even when the left would stay almost dry, as it still does( ?? ). And now, in these last months, I've noticed a stronger than average smell under my right pit. It will even come about within minutes of showering. When I go to inspect my arm pit I do notice that about 15% of the hair has a white-ish coating on them. This coating does not really wash off either. I have Not changed soaps or used deodorant unregularly.

I have the exact same thing, it is pretty disguisting but its not that bad.

Dont know how to fix it, thinking its a type of fungal infection, its very hard to remove and appears mainly after showers.

If anyone has any ideas it would be most helpful :-D

Spaghetti fungus. Rub crushed, raw garlic on and let it sit for a bit. maybe reapply a couple of times a day for a bit.

I have had that off and on for several years, ever since a girlfriend of mine who had it used to wear my T-shirts and take baths with me.

So it is contagious. I'm not sure everyone's sweat chemistry is suitable for it though, or it would be more widespread, since it is so persistent.

I and my old girlfriend have eradicated it for years at a time by showering frequently, keeping clean T-shirts clean, and most importantly, by wearing a zinc deodorant. Deodorant is the one thing that we have noticed keeps it totally suppressed. She now shaves her armpits, and I have too whenever I have to work in a camp where meticulous hygiene isn't possible. For health and nutrition reasons, I've stopped wearing deodorant, and whenever I can't change shirts and shower frequently, it will come back in one or both armpits.

I have read it is similar to toenail fungus, which I got about the same time.

It's White piedra, look it up and treatment for it.

Rub lemon juice or garlic juice under your arm pits, let them dry and then wash them off with water. Repeat the process for few days and you will definitely feel the change. :)