I am 17 years old girl and I have embarrassing problem. Few years already, I have problems with armpit odor, and I hate it. I have noticed that is only me in my class with so strong armpit odor, so I wonder why that is. Can you give me any explanation and can you tell me is there any way to get rid of it? I do not want people to avoid me because of this, but I would understand if that starts to happening.

Perspiration or sweat is part of body's cooling mechanism, where water on skins surface evaporates and helps person to cool down. You probably do not know, but sweat itself does not actually smell. The odor of the body, to specify it, armpit odor is caused by bacteria on your skin, which are releasing unpleasant-smelling natural chemicals. Because of puberty, sweat glands become more active than before you were a teenager. That is why it is normal for young girl or boy to notice this odor under arms or armpits. Commonly, feet and genitals might also have new smells as well. The best way to keep clean is to bathe or shower every day using a mild soap or body wash. This will help wash away any bacteria that contribute to the smells, or armpit odor. Taking a shower is the best way to get whole body clean because you are washing under running water, and we all know this is the best way for cleaning. Wearing clean clothes, socks, and underwear each day also helps to feel clean. Good advice is if you sweat a lot, you might find that shirts, T-shirts, socks, and underwear made from cotton, that will help absorb sweat more effectively.

Sure, some people experience unusual body odor because they don't shower or use soap... but that can't be the only possible culprit. There's got to be a better answer out there. I am 25 years old, and I don't have such awful armpit odor that it interferes with my daily life, but my armpits have a "funny smell", and at the end of a long day it can sometimes become noticeable. I'm a healthy person. I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat a lot of processed or fatty foods, I work out daily at the gym (and yes, I shower afterwards, and yes, I use soap). I wear unscented deodorant. But still, sometimes on a warm day I have to keep my jacket on because I don't want the smell to be noticed. The other day, I was IN the shower, I had just washed my armpits, and my boyfriend smelled them and told me that he could still smell my characteristic "armit" smell. Please don't tell me that I don't know how to use soap. What else can cause that odor??

I am the same way. The only way I have been able to get rid of the smell is to get waxed on a weekly basis. There has been no other way. I do everything that you have mentioned. Shaving does not solve the problem. Its the hairs growing from the pit.

I am 41, I recently am experiencing the same problem with armpit odor, NOT wetness. I too lead a clean showered, fitness and diet healthy lifestyle. I have been contemplating going to my local healthfood store "Mother's" in So California, and purchasing some "Chlorophyl Capsules" naturally found in green plants. The purpose, it supposedly completely neutralizes any bad odor that may occur from your body, e.g.: natural musk, etc. This may sound weird, but I used to use it on an aging golden retreiver, to eliminate his natural "Reteiver" muskiness - It worked beautifully. In closing, NO, this is not a dog supplement, it is a natural dietary supplement for humans, that I just happen to apply to my dog that I loved. Good luck to us all in becoming "BO" free! :-) ...it's hard to feel like a lady when you can smell your pits! (sigh)

I can understand the pain of having to live with a bad armpit smell. I've had it for about 15years now. It's so embarrassing meeting people with that foul smell, hugging is out of the question. I must have used every deodorant possible and they are expensive,too, some help for a few days and you start smelling again (I don't know the science behind that). And when deodorants don't work, you smell worse (body odor and deo mixed, smell yucky). I have a solution though. It works perfect for me and the best thing is, it's cheap. All you need is "Alum crystal" (if you don't know what Alum is, Wikipedia can tell you) and "Rubbing Alcohol". Powder the Alum and store it in a little container (I use an empty face cream container coz' it's easy to carry it in my toilet bag). Always keep your armpit hairless. What I do is if I am not taking a shower, I make it a point to wash my armpit at least. After washing dry your armpits and take a pinch of Alum powder (Pinch=about the size of a tablet) and place it on any palm depending on which armpit you're going to apply that first. Put about half cap of Rubbing Alcohol on the Alum powder in your palm and just rub it under your armpit and Voila! you're now good to go and Body odor free for 24hrs. Repeat every morning. I've been doing this for the last 3 years and I'm a happy man. Good Luck to you Ladies. Feedback at

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I never had this problem but recently its got really bad. Its only one side though. I can only wear black at work now as i seem to sweat so much even when im cold and its smells awful even an hour after a shower...and its horrible as whenever i get close to someone they can feel it...ive only had this problem in the last 6 months and im 26...help!

Drink lots of water to flush toxins. 

yeah just like i am. it's so sexy love it.

yeah, I hear that from my husband that it is a turnon for some men but that doesn't negate the problem of smelly pits especially after you have showered and in group settings.  I know shaving helps but that only lasts a couple of days.  One thing I tried, which is kinda strange is LISTERINE.  I figured it was a bacteria so since LISTERINE is an all-time killer of bacteria, even though these days it is less potent than when I was a kid it STILL WORKS well.  So every so many months after showering I get a cotton ball and wipe it thoroughly.  Let it air dry.  Seems to work.  I have considered trying waxing.  I do not wear deodorant but I do bath daily and will hit the pits an extra time during the day if neccessary, and unfortunately it is usually necessary.

I dont know if this will help, But i would sweet a lot, all my shirts had bad stains in them. Well my friend I had been talking one day and, she told me about this stuff she got from her doctor. Its call (Hypercare) I started using it, and two days later i didn't sweet under my arms. Its great stuff the one thing i dont like is when you first start using the Hypercare it burns, Not bad. But burn or not it was so worth it!!!   Ask ur Doctors to give you Hypercare!! Im so happy i found this stuff.

you are sick man

Sometime it does happen

Quote:

i like to smell and lick girls armpits XD .so don't worry you are my favourite girl. :-)

Weird as hell

Hey just browsing the net and found this thread. I bathe daily apply deodant and use a salt deodarant under my anti perpreant and that wasn't helping. I had an idea, figured its bacteria causing the odor, so wondered how I can go about get rid of it. So I googled hydrogen peroxide and arm pit odor and wahla! So I noticed when I apply hydrogen peroxide 3% to my armpits and let dry right before a shower, it helps reduce underarm odor alot. Hope this helps every one!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use