Hi! A month ago I heard that one person close to me has borderline schizophrenia. First I was angry, and then I somehow accepted that she has mental disease. Now, I look on that rationally. I want to find out something more about this disease. Is this condition some kind of schizophrenia?

Hi! From same reason as you, I wanted to know something about borderline schizophrenia. First I must tell you It’s a lot controversial. When psychiatrists aren’t sure then give this diagnosis. Borderline schizophrenia is a condition which has some of the characteristics of schizophrenia, but not enough for a firm diagnosis. Also, borderline schizophrenia can be diseases which have some of the characteristics of schizophrenia and some of the characteristics of another condition. This lack of precision in the use of the term makes this diagnosis of limited value. You can expect this person will later be given a diagnosis of schizophrenia, mood disorder or personality disorder.